Chapter 6

By the time you exited the Cloning Wing, you noticed a familiar shape bounding towards you gleefully. Upon turning, you noticed it was the small dwarf, Honeydew, who had the biggest grin on his face. 

"Hello!" he greeted once he stood side by side with you. 

"Hello, Honeydew. How's it going?" 

"Fine. Fine. So, where you headed to?" asked Honeydew, who was scanning the halls as if he was waiting for something to pop out at any moment. This gave you an uneasy feeling, yet you mentioned nothing about it. If the dwarf wants to scan the walls suspiciously, let him. 

"The cafeteria, actually. I have to fetch Lalnable's lunch, or something along those lines," you replied. "I also thought I would get something myself." 

"Oh, I may just follow you. Got nothing else going on." 

"That is perfectly fine." With that, you began to head down the hall with the dwarf at your side. Though it was rather perplexing, the dwarf appeared to be concentrating on something, which was bizarre. "Something on your mind, Honeydew?" 

"Hmm?" He turned up to you. "Oh, nothing much. I was actually looking for Xephos earlier, and I couldn't find him." 

"Oh? What did you need him for?" You asked, turning into the cafeteria which was buzzing with chatter from other scientists. 

"I'll tell you later. I'm hungry," he muttered. 

So he was in trouble. With a scoff of amusement, you approached the machine that dispensed food, and being polite, you let Honeydew go first. The dwarf reached up and pressed a button. 

You waited for about a minute before the tall machine dispensed jaffa cakes. Honeydew grabbed them, then turned to you. "What are you going to get?" 

"Probably just some mushroom stew. Not too hungry as of right now. Lalnable needs something different. A steak and an apple, from what it said on the feeding chart." You already began tapping the buttons for Lalnable's lunch, which dispensed almost immediately. 

"Funny how that works," Honeydew muttered. "Probably already had it ready since he has a feeding schedule or chart, whatever you said earlier." 

"Most likely," you agreed before getting a small bowl of mushroom stew for yourself. 

"There you are," a voice spoke from behind you. 

Honeydew's happy expression fell almost at once upon turning around. You did the same and was greeted by the sight of Xephos, flanked by two other testificates. "Honeydew," began Xehpos, "can you explain to me the mess in my office?" 

"The papers?" Honeydew inquired of the man, to which Xephos nodded. "I didn't mean to do that. It just happened." 

You saw Xephos's right eye twitch. "Well, can you help me clean up your mess, then?" 

Honeydew sulked like a child, but gave a nod. You let out small chuckle, amused of the situation. It was like a parent scolding a child. 

"Good," Xephos replied as his eyes swept over to you. "Feeding Lalnable?" 

You gave a nod. 

"Well, use the hatch on the side of his cage, near the door, and do not give him the food until he backs up all the way to the other side of the cage. Understood?" Xephos raised an eyebrow, awaiting your reply.

"Yes, sir," you answered. 

With a nod, Xephos turned around and began to make headway for his office. Honeydew approached at a much slower rate, grumbling under his breath all the while.