Epilogue

"Ladies and gentlemen, Brown Airways welcomes you to Manila, Philippines. The local time is 1:30 in the afternoon. For your safety and for those around you, please remain seated with your seat belts fastened and keep the aisles clear until we reach the gate. You can remove your seat belt when the captain turn off the fasten seat belt sign, implying that it is safe to stand. Please be cautious when opening the overhead compartments and be mindful of your belongings. Thank you for having your journey with us." the purser announced.

Sumilip ang sa bintana ng eroplano at napansin na umuulan ngayon.

"Mauuna na ako" paalam ko sa mga kasama ko sa trabaho at pumunta sa parking lot ng airport.

It's my last flight for this week. Kala ko hindi ko na maabutan ang anniversary namin. Pinuntahan ko agad si Zee.

I smiled at her while holding my umbrella and the envelope she gave me last year.

I put the her favorite flowers and lit a candle. "Happy Anniversary Love" I smiled and sat on the bench near her grave and started opening the envelope and I saw a letter and a polaroid picture of us celebrating our first anniversary.

My mind started to reminisce what happened that day. The day of our first anniversary

"Dale smile ka na dali" She keep on telling me to smile and look at the instax. I sighed and plastered a smile.

"Ang gwapo mo" She giggled while looking at the film came from the instax.

We're here in my condo. I wanted to surprise her for our first anniversary. I decorated the place with balloons and banner stating "Happy Anniversary Love" I gave her an instax as my gift.

"Hey let's take a pic" she said while holding the instax. I nod as an answer and walk near her. We positioned ourselves when she started to angle the camera. "Count of three and I'll press the button"

3

2

1

I kissed her on her cheeks while she's smiling on the instax. The film got out and she stared at it.

She smiled when she saw the outcome. Tears started flowing to her eyes. I caressed her face and wipe her tears. "Hush love, I don't want to see you crying. It breaks me"

She hugged me and said "I love you Dale"

I stared at the envelope and my tears started flowing when I read the first paragraph.

Dale,

If only I knew sooner that I'm ill, I should have spend more days with you to create more memories that I'll bring in the after life. I should have not pushed you away.

The first time I saw you peaking behind the tree where you caught me singing. I fell for you. Quick huh? Day by Day my love is getting deeper and deeper and I didn't regret loving you because you are my world, my sun, my life.

At first, there are so many "if's" and "should's" running inside my mind figuring how to make our relationship work. But because of your patience and being understanding we reached our third anniversary.

I was the happiest person when I found out that you're accepted being a flight attendant in Brown Airways. It's been your dream to become a flight attendant and go to different countries.

I know you may not understand when I tried to leave you, because I thought it's for the better. I thought if I end it, you'll move on and start a new life with someone better than me. Suffering means loving and I can endure it as long as you're happy.

I admire your confidence, courage and your determination to chase your dream. I'm always proud of you, and of what you will become.

As much as I wanted to be with you while chasing your dream but fate didn't let me. I was devastated when I knew I have a brain cancer and it's on stage four the day before I broke up with you. The doctor said it can't be cure so I had no choice but to let you go and to accept my fate that I will not live any longer.

By the time you'll read this I guess I won't be there beside you. Sorry for leaving you Dale, As much as I wanted to be with you until your last breath but I can't.

We will see each other again, I will wait for you

Until then continue fighting

I had a pleasant journey with you. Thank you for everything Dale,

I will always love you

Always,

Zee Eilisteene

As I finished reading her letter. I can't help myself but to cry. How can I move one? It's already been a year since she left me but it feels like yesterday. 

I looked at they sky and darkness is now conquering the light symbolizes that this day is going to end. I remember when she said when we were still in high school that if ever she will die, she wanted to be a star to give light to the people who are lost in the middle of the night. 

star

A place where sadness, devastations, frustrations, and being hurt doesn't exist.

Zee, if the sky is the only way to be with you, then I would rather fly than to be with someone else.

This is your Senior Flight Attendant, Jan Dale Romero and I would be glad to serve you until the end.