Chapter Nine

I'm here at the park where we should meet. I saw her at the gazebo wearing a pink sweater holding her umbrella.

I immediately go to her and hugged her. She hugged me back and she still have impact on me after all these years.

"Sorry I'm late, traffic kasi dahil umuulan" I apologized to her and handed her my gifts

"Para saan ito?" She asked

"Pasalubong ko sayo. Nung araw ng nacollapse ka sana ibigay ko kaso nakalimutan ko eh" kamot ulo kong sagot

Binuksan niya ang mga paperbag at bigla siyang tumili. She hugged me

"Thank you Dale ang gaganda nitong mga pasalubong mo" naiiyak niyang sagot habang niyayakap ako.

Niyakap ko siya pabalik

"Basta para sayo gagawin ko ang lahat Zee" I assured her. We keep hugging for minutes when my stomach growl.

I remember di pa pala ako nakapaglunch

"HAHAHAHAHHAHA" tawa nito habang pinupunasan niya ang kanyang mga luha "Panira naman ng moment yang tiyan mo Dale eh"

Bigla akong nahiya pero wala na, nangyari na

"Kain tayo Zee, saan mo gusto?" I asked her

"Dito na tayo kumain, nagluto ako ng mga paborito mo" She smiled while looking at me

After eating we talked and reminisce our past. Our fights, our laughs, our cries, the problem we solved together, our dreams that we chased together. Those sleepless nights, movie marathons, those travels. Her smile that made me fall for her hard. Her voice that soothes my ears and wanted to hear it everyday. Those things we bought together. What we had in the past are perfect and I couldn't ask for more as long as she's beside me.

Kakayanin kong labanan ang sakit basta siya ang kapalit. Mas gugustuhin kong nag-aaway kami kaysa walang away pero malayo na siya sa akin.

Humiga siya sa mga braso ko. That was our position while look at the rain continue pouring and having my earphones plugged in to one of her ears and mine also, then we started listening to some music.

We remained like that for some time.

Dear John currently playing in our playlist and she started singing

I really love her soothing voice. It gives me comfort. It really calms me when I hear her sing.

Long were the nights when my days once revolved around you

Counting my footsteps,

Praying the floor won't flow through, again

Wondering which version of you I might get on the phone

Tonight, well I stopped picking you up, and this song is to let you know why

Tears from her eyes started falling through her cheeks when singing. It broke my heart to pieces seeing her cry. I just want her to be happy and I promise myself that I will make her happy for the rest of my life.

Kahit hindi man kami sa huli at least masaya siya nung nakasama niya ako.

Dear John, I see it all now that you're gone

Don't you think I was too young to be messed with?

The girl in the dress, cried the whole day home, I should've known

She finished singing but she's still crying

She wiped her tears and got something from her bag. When I saw what is it, it is a envelope.

She handed me the envelope and said "Read this on the day of our anniversary" she said. The tears kept falling in her cheeks.

I caressed her face to wipe the tears away using my hands

"I will Zee" I smile at her.

We remained in that position as we still look at the pouring rain

"Dale, pahinga na ako. Pagod na pagod na ako. Pangako mo sa akin na magiging masaya ka, you're too young Dale, enjoy your life, live your life to the fullest. Please be happy. Thank you for all the sweetness, for not letting me away when I wanted to. For cheering me up when I'm down, for listening to my rants, for accepting my flaws and imperfection" she smiled to me then she put her head on my shoulder then close her eyes.

"I will Zee, I will" said tears started to flow in my cheeks and all I can hear now is my sobs

I caressed her hair and hugged her for the last time

"I will always love you Zee, forever and it will never change"