Chapter 5: First Battle

I did not imagine that during my first round as captaining the ship without Jack anywhere near it, I would get myself and my crew kidnapped. Talk about bad luck, I may not be given the opportunity again. But Jack shouldn't talk, he's been captured more times that I can count.

Our shore party came back up onto the boat one at a time while I was in the grips of two of Sao Feng's men. They were cheering victoriously, which caused a scowl to rest in my face.

Feng was a tall Chinese man whose only hair on his head stemmed from his upper lip and chin. He kept his black mustache and goatee beard long, with his beard braided. He had scars around his face, and long dark fingernails. He wore black clothes with shoulder armor on top, as well as a ring on his pinky finger with a jade stone.

Jack leaned toward me as he was walking past and he said, "for the record... I blame you for this."

I rolled my eyes, because there was no way that anyone, besides those on deck, could have heard me if I announced anything. This was going to happen no matter what, but the coincidence was amazingly timed. Jack snuck behind Barbossa in an attempt not to be seen. He bit his index finger nail as he crouched behind Barbossa.

Barbossa greeted Feng, "Sao Feng... you showing up here, it is truly remarkable coincidence."

Feng saw Jack anyway and said, "Jack Sparrow," as Jack tilted his head out of the safety of Barbossa and smiled with his index nail between his teeth before he stood up straight.

Feng continued, "you paid me great insult once

Feng continued, "you paid me great insult once."

"That doesn't sound like me," Jack said. Without warning, Feng punched Jack square in the face, making everyone jump as he groaned and held his nose, snapping it back in place with a crunch. "Shall we just call it square, then?"

Will stepped forward and pointed to Elizabeth and said to Tai Huang's men, "release her

Will stepped forward and pointed to Elizabeth and said to Tai Huang's men, "release her. She's not part of the bargain."

"And what bargain be that?" Barbossa asked with his nose up high. Jack was still holding his.

"You heard Captain Turner," Feng said, "release her!"

"'Captain Turner?'" Jack repeated with a stuffy voice and he cracked his nose back into place.