Chapter 3

im having a very unhealthy obsession with Aiden Gallagher HELP😭😭 also hi hope u enjoy :3

Annabeth

"You stay here." Piper said firmly,when I showed signs of movement. I gave her an angry expression which she paid no attention too. How could she expect me to sit back and not rush to my friend? I glanced around quickly. I wasn't seriously injured,and the doctors never said anything about when I should stand on my own feet. Carefully,I hoisted myself up,clenching my teeth. My head began to spin but I ignored it. My shoes were neatly lined up against the wall. Grabbing them,I strided out,ignoring the pain.

I didn't know where they had run to,so I decided to simply head to the lobby. Hoping that nobody would stop me and force me back into bed,I walked along,looking into different rooms hoping to find a boy with green eyes. But I didn't. When I reached the lobby,I knew something was up.

"Annabeth!" Penny cried out,racing forward and hugging me. Her crystal clear green eyes and warmth reminded me painfully of her brother. I fought back my tears as she hugged me tightly,trembling. I glanced behind her shoulder; Piper was frowning at me,but everyone else's expressions were a mixture of fear and relief. Leo however,seemed to be hiding behind Jason.

"I just arrived-we took the first plane-are you okay?" she asked breathlessly,a crazed expression on her face. Her eyes were slightly tinged wet. I nodded,swallowing back a sob. Her eyes were just like his. I looked away,unable to handle myself. Suddenly she did something unexpected. She turned back to the gang,eyes searching for someone. Then she snarled.

"You."

Jason's eyes widened and I didn't blame him as he took a step back "Wha-"

She strided forward with so much anger on her face I could feel it. I wanted to warn Jason to run,knowing well that Penny was going to commit murder. It all happened in seconds-

SLAP

The sound rang so loudly that the entire lobby stopped and grew quiet. I expected Jason to fall back,but he was simply pushed to the side. Leo turned a complete 360,hurling into Jason,who stumbled to catch him. My jaw dropped open as Piper screamed and surged forward,her expression filled with horror. I saw Nico and Apollo,looking like they would faint from fear and shock. And along with them stood another tall man.

"PENNY!" Piper reached for Leo,pulling him behind her protectively,Jason following suit "What-"

"MOVE PIPER!" Penny roared,racing forward like a cheetah. I wanted to yell at her,talk some sense,but I also wanted to cower and hide. I had never seen Penny completely snap.

In one swift movement,Apollo surged forward,wrapping his arms around her. It was a scary sight; despite Apollo Solace being literally three feet taller than her,more broad shouldered and stronger,he was having a very hard time controlling his girlfriend. Penny's eyes were completely bloodshot;it looked like a pool of blood with a drop of green paint in the middle;her face was white and hair was flying as she screamed bloody murder. Everyone around were backing away,nurses taking patients away from the scene and doctors looking scandalized.

"LET-GO!" Penny screamed,her voice so high pitched it physically hurt "LEO-YOU-"

"I'm sorry!" Leo choked. I was shocked to see that his eyes were red too; he was crying. Across his cheek laid an ugly hand mark,still red. "I know I did the wrong thing-"

"NO," she spat,her eyes literally shooting daggers "SEVENTEEN YEARS AGO YOUR MOM GAVE BIRTH TO THE WRONG THING! I HATE YOU,LEO VALDEZ! I HATE YOU AND WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON YOU-"

What she would do when she reaches Leo,we never found out. In one swift movement,Apollo reached for something a doctor had given him. With a quick nod,he stabbed the needle on her arm. She gave a quick squeal and turned to look at Apollo in disbelief.