1 - Discit vivere dolore ac mortalis

"Can you do it again?" asked the blonde head.

The three kids were sitting on the ground. The boys' eyes were glued to Ataraxia as she nodded.

She muttered a few words in a non-human language and her brown eyes slowly had given way to two yellowish irises and elliptical pupils. Her hair which were naturally light brown took a dark black appearance. On her neck and half her face, dark green and purple scales came out of her skin. And with a smirk on her lips, she suddenly opened her mouth wide open advancing towards them. Her mouth had no tooth but two poison fangs and her tongue was thinner and cut in half. Draco and Blaise started to scream all around the room while she was running behind them, yelling in Parselmouth that she was for sure going to bite them. And this is how they used to spend their summer. Breathless, they stopped and the room filled up with completely innocent laughs.

This sweet moment was interrupted by a woman voice who was passing by.

"What the hell are you all scream-", she stopped abruptly when she saw Ataraxia. The young girl closed her eyes once and when opening them, everything was gone. Draco and Blaise were glancing at each other, fearing what may happen next.

"Have I ever told you to stop this? " she shouted while pulling off her hair, dragging her to another room. The boys were about to run for them but the door clapped on their faces, and a spell made them bounce back a few meters away. They made it back to the door and knocked as hard as they could when they heard their friend screaming.

"You filthy child", she whispered before taking her wand. "This is what you get when not obeying. Aren't you used to it by now?", she murmured to her ear with a sinister laugh.

"Crucio".

Ataraxia fell off to the ground, crying in pain. Her whole body shivered and her eyes changed.

"Control it, you idiot. Don't let it take over you". Her hair and mouth switched.

"Don't you listen to me", she said, eyes wide open, and with a smirk, she muttered, "Imperio".

She was brandishing her wand and Ataraxia's body was following it. The woman was controlling her movements. All you could hear from outside the room were screams and laughs. But all at once, the young girl spelled some words and her tongue extended and took the cruel woman's wand from her. The doors opened and the owner of the house ran to the girl who closed her eyes.

"Ataraxia..." he said calmly. "Bellatrix, will you stop torturing this poor child! How could you do that to the Ó Mordha's", he spoke with a disappointed look on his face.

"Why are you talking about dead people Lucius? They left, leaving us this cursed monster disgusting child", she shouted, glaring at Ataraxia. Lucius felt bad for the girl he has been raising since. "Please Ataraxia, can you go back to the boys, I think they must be in the back of the manor".

She left, leaving the two adults arguing in the room. Her gaze was empty, and she surely needed some rest. By the years, she became stronger, so it was easier for her to suffer some of the Death Eaters' treatment. A few of them thought Ataraxia was a threat. They wanted her dead, or at least the curse inside her gone. Some wanted to control it, in order to become more powerful. Bellatrix wanted both. But little did she know that Ataraxia was the one manifesting the monster. No one could ever control it, no one but herself.

When she reached the back of the manor, her friends rushed towards her.

"We're so sorry 'Raxia", "it's all our fault", "what can we do?", what did she do to you?", they asked with concern.

"If I didn't ask you to do it again, she would never have done that to you Raxia, I'm so sorry", Draco whispered, guilt on his eyes.

Draco was maybe one of the few to care deeply for her. He always cared for her. She was his oldest and best friend. They kind of grew together in the Malfoy's Manor, they both knew how it feels to grow in such a dark and evil place. They were both in their third year at Hogwarts, alongside Blaise and the rest of their friends.

"It's okay. It's not the first time they try to... hurt me."

The boys looked at her without flinching, picturing whatever they may have done to her. But they couldn't even guess how badly they are used to treat their best friend.

"Can we go outside? I'm tired of this place." She asked and they nodded. All the three of them walked to the gardens, forgetting what had just occurred. As they always do.

But that was the last of a great friendship between those three.

Discit vivere dolore ac mortalis

(One learns to live with pain and mortal)
—————————————————————————

Hi guys ! So this is my first time writing on Wattpad. I hope the first chapter seems interesting and I can't wait to share the rest of the story with you. This is kind of a scene debut before the story happens in Hogwarts. The chapters are not purposely written to be a certain logical way, I hope you all will understand throughout the story. Thanks !

— apric0princ6ss