5 - Quæ perierat

Willow's POV

We were running everywhere, pushing everyone on our way. Meanwhile, Dumbledore and the rest of the professors had been warned. I couldn't think, I was filled with fears. I would have never thought that this may happen, I felt terribly sad for my best friend who was certainly scared of herself at the moment. But what happened with Draco? Why did she transformed that way? What did he said to her? How could he treat Ataraxia this way? Has he forgotten about everything he did with her? Did their friendship mean nothing to him? Alphée looked at me with an unfortunate look. Ataraxia was no where to be found. And the fucking first task of the Tournament will still take place.

End of Willow's POV

Draco's POV

Why did I do that ? I was asking myself over and over. I saw the whole school bustling in search of the snake. My vision was blurred and my head was buzzing. I suddenly dropped gently on the floor, trying to stick to the ground, feeling dizzy. It wasn't possible. It didn't happen.
I could have ignore her and just bug Potter. Blaise came to me and tried to help me with my dizziness.

"Draco. We couldn't find her. I think she has left the castle. Dumbledore asked Mad-Eye to go outside to find her", he said with panick in his eyes. I could feel how worried he was. Did he regret having followed his parents?

"Mad-Eye...", I laughed nervously. "This is the worst idea ever. You know what they planned with our fathers?" I asked in a cold tone.

He nonned.

"Anyway", I whispered as I started to stand up. Out of the blue, Blaise brutally pushed me. I stared at him, confused and furious.

"This is all your fault Malfoy. With your shitty ego. Just like your fucking father. Why didn't you simply ignore her instead of challenging her? Don't you think it's not hard enough for her? She has no family, she lost half her friends for reasons she is not even fucking aware of. Put yourself in her shoes, you heartless bastard", he was aggressively talking to me. I couldn't even flinch. He caught his head, trying to realise what occcured. "I'm so fucking sorry I ignored her. I should have taken care of her", he admits slowly. "What if she can't get back to normal, huh? And if Mad-Eye found her, what do we do? We abandon her? Why are you pretending Draco? Why are you acting as if you don't give a shit when you love her? I'm not blind, I know you brother. We grew up together, you and me. And Ataraxia. But yeah, stay with your Pansy shit, I'm sick of it. I don't want to become like my dad, I want to stay away from this shit..."

I couldn't help but grab him by his collar.

"You think I want to become like my father? Do you think I have the choice? Do you really think I'm the one who's deciding about this? They control me. I know I fucking fucked up", I released him. I was so vulnerable. I wasn't able to breath properly. Blaise was looking at me. Pity on his eyes. I hated that. I couldn't bare this feeling so I ran to my dormitory. He was trying to catch me but lucky enough, the corridors were full and I blended. I bursted in my room and tried to take off my green tie with my weak hands. I was weak. I was desperate. Where is Ataraxia? I walked to my cupboard and opened it. The ring. It was there. I took it and sat on my bed as I let go the tears I fought to hold back.

"What's that?" I asked to the girl. "Your family ring. Your dad gave me one", she replied peacefully. My whole body tensed. Why did he give her that ring fuck?. She was looking at me quietly. "I can give it back to Lucius, if it bothers you", as if she could read my mind.

I leaned on the golden gate, trying not to show I was deeply annoyed. "I mean, why? Does he consider you as his daughter or what?" i asked in disgust. "Probably so...".
My eyes were stuck on the ring. It had the same emerald stone as mine. "Then, you have 7 father", I stared at her. She looked at me confused. "Well... my father is not the only one to look after you. They all should give you their family ring too".

She frowned. Her brown eyes turned a bit yellowish. I've never thought that this made her ugly. She was still the most pretty girl I've ever seen. Even when her tongue was becoming weird. I didn't want her to think I don't want her as a part of my family. But not in that way. I looked away.

"Well I guess 7 fathers is better than none", she said breaking the silence. She looked sad, and my heart ached.
"I didn't mean that Rax, I just... I-. It's just that I, I don't.. well, I don't want having to consider you my sister. Not that I don't like you but yes because I like you argh I can't", I stopped, I was bad with expressing myself. Now she must think I hate her or something.

"What do you mean?"

I looked at her softly. "I don't want to be your brother figure. Blaise or Alphée may be good for that. Because I like you, well Blaise and Alphée like you too, but not the same liking you understand?" I didn't want to say the other word, but she didn't seem to understand, jeez I was confessing and she wasn't catching it.

"I guess. Even if, you're not terribly clear", she handed me ring. "Yours now. You'll give it back to me when we both do fully understand the 'not the same liking you understand' part", she imitates and I chuckled. I think she may has understood, or not? Anyway, this was so sloppy. We'll see about that when we'll get older, no need to rush things, I just don't want her to see me as her brother, I thought. I will keep the ring for now and give it back to you. Promise.

Sad to find out a few weeks after that I had to stop talking to her, or else I put my parents in danger. I didn't care about them, they were frightening me, forcing me to do stuff I disagreed with.

Only I cared about her. And I truly hoped that wherever she was, she was doing alright.

 And I truly hoped that wherever she was, she was doing alright

Quæ perierat.

(She was lost)