6 - Ego fractum est sine te

Ataraxia's POV

It has been days I am adventuring into the Forbidden Forest. Maybe I should consider living here. I mean, it is forbidden because of its dangerous beasts, from what professors teach us. Hagrid likes to think differently. For him, the magical creatures that live here are misunderstood. I am surely both. Dangerous and misunderstood. I met with a bunch of Centaurs who took me as their targets for archery. When I tried to speak and told them I was Ataraxia Ó Mordha, a student from Hogwarts, I realised I couln't speak. Nothing but Parselmouth escaped from my mouth. When they finished with me, they left me bleeding on the ground. I hadn't move since. I was to afraid. But not as much as I was afraid of myself. How repellent I was looking. From that day, Draco's words were racing in my mind. "Monster". What happened to me that moment?, why?, then how did I took this snake appearance? Certainly because my soul had been pronely wounded. More than ever. This was more painful than seeing some of my friends turn on me overnight. Worse than being with Bellatrix. Even worse than knowing about my parents' death circumstances. This is how it feels when he left me down.

"Shame". I hear a voice says. I poorly tried to lift my head without moving the rest of my bruised body. My iris filled with horror when I saw what was standing a fee inches from me.

End of Ataraxia's POV

Draco's POV

11 days since she left. The whole school was wired. Especially the House of Slytherin. Alphée called his parents and the rest of the bloody traitors Death Eaters came to Hogwarts. This is how we named those who didn't turn against Raxia. My father of course didn't show up. That bastard was ready to give her the family ring but isn't able to come and look around. I felt helpless, as the rest of my mates. I think I may know why father isn't coming. I think Blaise knows it too. He didn't leave me out of sight since. He is scared, so am I. I'm just trying to desesperately hide it.

"Draco?"

Whispered Lacer Clemens, Alphée's father. He nodded to me as I decided to follow him quite confused. Lacer was one of a kind. He was one of the most powerful Death Eater and I sincerely admired him since my childhood. I remembered him bringing me, Rax, Blaise and Alphée to the Ministry of Magic when we were kids, as our parents never took some time for that. It was a fun trip. Even if he wasn't anymore an ally to my father, I couldn't help but show him all of my respect.

I found him sitting on a banch in the corridors. He asked me to sit and I executed.

"She is no where to be found damn. Watch", he says looking at the window. "I ordered more than forty wizards to have a look in the Forbidden Forest". The forest was enlightened. Everyone was putting effort into findind her.

"I want to help", I murmured. He sarcastically laughed. I looked at the ground, I felt empty.

"Draco. You know you can't. You also know why Dumbledore has allowed us to come and why we do our utmost to find her. You know what's hiding in there", he whispered the last words. "Your father is a part of this my boy. There will be consequences if the Lord knows you tried to help us", he continued. I didn't say a word. "I know you're not like your father Draco", he put a hand on my shoulder, it felt comforting.

"She is seriously injured", I mumbled as my voice cracked. Lacer took me in his arms and I didn't try to push him away. I hung on him while I was breaking into pieces. "I can feel it Lacer, she is..", I hardly tried to speak but he cut me off trying to calm me down. "It's okay Draco, leave it to me. I'll find her", he said. He was devastated. And I was broken. I led them to her.

Ego fractum est sine te

(I was broken without you)