55

December 23rd

A few days before Christmas

OWENS POV
"Amelia we need to get going," I laughed as I walked into the bedroom and she was still in bed.
"I'm tired," she complained, "what time is it anyway?"
"It's 11," I laughed, "we told your mom we would be there by dinner."
"Fine," Amelia said and sat up, "come give me a hug, and some kisses." She was so cute. I wrapped my arms around her and showered her with kisses.
"It's almost Christmas," I smiled.
"It is," she giggled, "I'm excited."
"Me too," I said. Little did she know I was proposing tonight. That's why I was so antsy to leave, because I had a place to stop before we got to her mom's house. It was a little look out in the mountains, and I did my research and it's on the way. I'm really nervous because I'm afraid I'm going to mess this up. Ive been practicing my speech a million times. I even wrote it down twice. I just want everything to go smoothly. Amelia got up and got ready and we were eventually on our way. I was so nervous.
-
We were 20 minutes away from the stop and I looked over at Amelia.
"Do you mind if we make a quick stop?" I asked.
"No," she said, "where to?"
"I want to see the mountains," I said.
"Okay," she said, "sounds good to me." I smiled as I took the exit and started driving. I could feel myself becoming so nervous as we were driving. I had the ring in my pocket and I was running through my speech, even though I knew when I got down on one knee I would forget every word because words can't even compare to how much I love her.
"Should we pull over here?" I asked.
"It's so pretty, yeah can we get out I want to take a picture," Amelia said.
"Yeah we can get out," I smiled. I parked the car and we started walking over to the lookout. While Amelia took her phone out of her pocket, I stood behind her and got out the ring. I got down on one knee.
"Owen we should take a selfie with the - oh my god," she said as she turned around, "oh my god!"
"Amelia," I smiled, "I love you more than anything in the world. You are my everything. You are so unbelievably beautiful, kind, intelligent, hardworking, and the list could go on and on because you are simply amazing. I remember the first day I met you, freshman year in our little old dorm room with no air conditioning and barely any windows. You were perfect. I instantly fell for you, and knew I was probably in a lot of trouble because you were so far out of my league, but then you told me you liked me too. I will never forget that moment. Amelia you have made me the happiest man in the world as your boyfriend, and I love you so much. I love waking up to you every day, and falling asleep next to you while I'm asking you how your day went. I know we're young, but we have so much school and work ahead of us and uncertainty, but the one thing I'm certain about is you. I love you Amelia, so, will you marry me?" She was crying and she smiled.
"Yes Owen I'll marry you," She smiled. I slid the ring on her finger and she wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed me passionately.
"I love you," she said, "and this was perfect."
"I hoped it would be," I said, "I love you so much." I hugged her tightly, and when she pulled back she wiped her tears.
"Imagine if I said I didn't want to stop and look at the mountains," Amelia laughed.
"I would have told you we were going anyway," I laughed and hugged her again. She looked down at the ring and smiled.
"It's so pretty Owen," she said.
"It's my great grandmother's," I said.
"Really?" She smiled, "it's beautiful, your mom gave it to you?"
"She doesn't want anyone else to have it but you," I said.
"Aw Owen," she smiled and kissed me, "we have to call her when we get back to the car."
"We will," I said. We took a few pictures by the mountains and then headed back to the car. We both sat down and Amelia looked at her phone.
"Does my mom know?" She chuckled.
"She knows that I was going to propose, but not that it was today," I said.
"Okay," she smiled, "so we can surprise everyone."
"We can," I smiled.
"Ok call your mom I want to tell her," Amelia chuckled. I smiled as I grabbed my phone. She was so cute. I decided to FaceTime my mom. She answered and she smiled.
"Hey guys," my mom said.
"Hi," Amelia and I said.
"What's up?" My mom said.
"Amelia and I have some news," I smiled as I looked at Amelia.
"We're getting married," Amelia smiled as she put her head on my shoulder.
"OH MY GOSH!" My mom smiled, "congratulations!"
"Thank you," Amelia and I beamed. We talked to my mom a little longer and then we were on our way to Amelia's house. I smiled as I started driving and looked over at my gorgeous fiancé.
AMELIAS POV
Oh. My. God. I was getting married. Owen asked the question. I was actually totally not expecting it, but it was absolutely perfect. The ring is beautiful. We pulled into my driveway and we got out. I didn't know what my family would think. I know Owen asked my mom, so maybe she was okay with it. I rang the doorbell and my mom opened it.
"Amelia! Owen!" My mom smiled, "hi how are you guys? How was the drive?" I smiled at Owen.
"It was good, not too much traffic," I said.
"That's good," my mom said, "dinners almost ready." We walked in and I figured everyone was in the kitchen. I grabbed Owen's hand and pulled him closer to me.
"You ready?" He whispered. I nodded. We walked into the kitchen and all my siblings were socializing at the table while my mom was checking on the food in the oven.
"Amelia!" Derek smiled.
"Hi," I said and got up and hugged him.
"Hi Owen," Liz said.
"Okay guys actually there's something I want to tell you all," I said.
"Okay," they all said. My mom stopped cooking and looked up. I smiled at Owen as I turned my hand to them.
"Owen and I are getting married," I smiled.