Chapter 4

Zoe's POV-

I was lying on my bed, looking out through my open window at the stars in the night sky. My phone started ringing. I picked it up and checked the caller ID and picked up.

"How was it? Did you talk to him? What did he say? Zoe?" Jess shouted anxiously, down the phone.

I thought back to lunch. Luke had seemed quite quiet about the Jess situation, he had changed the subject, whenever I tried bringing it up. I couldn't tell Jess this. "Um well I definitely think he still loves you, he's just still heartbroken at the moment."

I heard her sigh. "He's never going to trust me again is he?" She said disappointingly.

"Of course he is, don't say that." I said, trying to sound hopeful.

"Really?" Her voice softened up.

"Of course."

None of spoke for a while. "Thanks for talking to him, it means a lot. I'll see you tomorrow yeah?" She said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah of course, see you tomorrow." I disconnected the call and threw my phone back down onto the bed and lay back down.

I was laid there for about 5 minutes, when my mum came bursting through the door. "Hey Zoe, I'm getting a pizza for tonight, 'cause your dad is spending the rest of the evening in the station. What pizza do you want?"

"I'll just have a plain one." I sighed, sitting up. "How come dad's staying at the station late?" My dad worked as a cop. I was used to him working late and it never really bothered me.

"Oh something about a shop getting broken into." She didn't looked very bothered. "Anyway I'll go and order these pizzas." She walked out, shutting the door behind her.

A few minutes later, there was a knock on the door and Michael walked straight in. "Hey babeeee." he jumped onto my bed, and leaned in to kiss my cheek.

"Mikey, get off!" I giggled, pushing him off. "So are you feeling better today then?"

"A little." He looked down to the floor, then he looked up again, smiling. "Anyway how has your day been my little princess?"

"Michael are you drunk?" I asked, worryingly. He was acting differently today.

"No." He looked offended placing his hand over his chest. "I was just innocently asking you how your day has been."

"Okay, well it has been shit, you were so lucky to get the day off." I was jealous. Mum or dad would never let me get the day off school, ever. Even when I was really ill they would still force me to go in and face it. They always said that education is very important if I want to do well in life and get a good job.

"Yeah well I just couldn't face it you know." He looked sad again. Michael would always have these sort of mood swings, one moment he was happy and jumpy and next moment, he looked like he was about to cry.

"Guess what." I changed the conversation.

"What's that." Michael looked up, turning happy again.

"Mr Church gave me after school detention for the rest of the week." I was so annoyed.

"Why?" Michael asked, looking interested.

"Me and Luke didn't do anything for the whole lesson." I let out a slight giggle as Michael starting shaking his head at me.

"Bad Zoe." He frowned at me."So has Luke got after school as well?"

"Nope, Mr Church thought Luke was Innocent, like always." Luke was never blamed for anything. Everyone always seemed to think it was never Luke's fault when we got into trouble. They always expected Luke was the innocent one. Sometimes I think Luke would never get in trouble, even if he tried.

"Zoe the pizza is here." My mum shouted from downstairs.

Micheal's face lit up. "Pizza!" He looked like a little 4 year old at Christmas. That was one of my favourite things about Michael Clifford, his craziness.

_____________

In the end, I only ended up getting 2 slices of pizza and Michael ate the rest. Michael had insisted on us watching the incredibles, he loved superheroes.

"One day I'm going to be a superhero." He interrupted, whilst we were watching the film.

"Michael you're 17 years old, why do you still obsess over these things?" I giggled.

"The bigger question is, why don't we still obsess over these things?" He corrected me.

I just shook my head and him, still giggling. "What are you going to be called?"

He thought for a minute. "Mike-ro-wave." He said in his deep superhero voice.

"Superpowers?"

"Eating Pizza." He nodded. "Yep if the band doesn't work out I'm becoming Mike-ro-wave for a living."

"Well I'm glad you've got your future planned out." I said. We both burst out laughing.

_______________________

Me and Michael had been best friends since we were babies. Our parents were friends, meaning we saw each other a lot whilst we were growing up. Throughout school we always stuck together and were quite unsociable, people would think we were weird but we didn't care. Michael always loved playing guitar hero on his Xbox he was amazing at it, I would have to watch him playing it for hours. One Christmas Michael was given a guitar and that's how he got involved with the band.

At first I didn't like the band because Michael spent more and more time with them and talked about them non-stop. And then one day I went along to band practice with Michael. I became friends with his band mate Luke and his girlfriend Jess, who watched them. However it took me a while to get along with Calum, he always seemed higher up and more popular and to be honest I still think he's a bit of a dick at times.

The band was amazing. They had a YouTube channel that had a few hundred subscribers, where they would post covers of other bands. However, they were always complaining about needing a drummer, who would be committed to the band, which wasn't easy to find around here.

____________

A/n - Thank you everyone who is reading this and voting. This has got 1k reads which means a lot to me I'm happy that even 1 person bothered to read this. I'm trying to update regularly for you guys :)