16: Hungover Duo ✔︎

CLEANUP CREW

TWO HOURS later at 8:15, and we decide to go downstairs for breakfast.

    "And I wake up to my left arm in a vice," my father tells the story of the time when he was found by Steve and Sam after the bombing in Vienna.

    Last night, or should I say early morning, was a whirlwind of emotions for me and my dad. But, I really think that our bond has strengthened because of it.

    We walk into the kitchen, him finishing the story. Steve, Nat, Vision, Bruce, Thor, and Wanda were in the kitchen already. The only missing people are Sam and Tony.

    "Good for you two to join us," Nat comments, coming to give me a kiss on the top of my head, "good morning." She mumbles into my hair.

    I reply it back to her, before looking over at my father. He blushes as his eyes land on Natasha.

    "Hey," he says quietly with a small awkward wave. The Winter Soldier is being awkward.

    "Hi," she smiles to him. I give the two a prideful look. 'I ship it.'

    "Buck, I didn't see you in your room this morning. Where were you?" Steve asks, breaking the moment. Really  Uncle Stevie?!

    Bucky looks over at Steve, only wishing he could glare at his best friend for ruining the contact. "Sorry punk, I was in Vera's room talking. I'll make up for the run tomorrow morning," Papa promises.

    Me and Dad load freshly made waffles onto our plates, drowning mine in syrup.

    Grumbling comes from the doorway. We all look to see who it is. I burst in to laughter at the sight.

    Tony and Sam have baggy clothes on, shades covering their eyes that I know have bags under. They lean against each other, holding the other up.

"Glad you find this entertaining VB," Tony groans out.

"Immensely. You are now the Hungover Duo. I'm guessing you guys are usually the ones to get drunk at parties," I justified. He sticks his tongue out at me, I give the gesture back. Tony and Sam break apart from each other to grab a cup of coffee.

There was only one cup left.

They start a full on wrestle for the cup of coffee. I state the obvious, "we can just make another pot."

They stop at the realization. I sigh. Men.

    "You guys are idiots," Nat clarifies.

    "Say it louder. It needs to be heard!" Wanda jests.

    "So, what are the plans for today?" Steve asks the team, no one having any ideas.

    "I didn't want to mention this before, but I guess it needs to be said. Secretary Ross called," Tony's words make me freeze, "he wants VB to come into the prison and talk to Rumlow every week, at least once. She goes again in five days. She'll have to go every Monday."