22: Sunshine ✔︎

ZOLA

(A/N Did I shock y'all? sorry ab that)

IT'S MY father. I sigh in relief as I brush off some of the glass. I check myself to see if I have any serious wounds.

My leg is crushed in between the ground and my destroyed motorcycle. I am not feeling the pain either because of my high pain tolerance, or the adrenaline is still running through me.

    Papa rushes over to me when he exits out of his vehicle.

    "Vera! My god you scared me! I got in the car to try to get to you, and I was so worried." He rambled, while effortlessly lifting the bike up off of me.

"It's okay Papa. I'm fine now, no harm done."

    "No harm done?! You were being chased by who in the world knows, Peter calls saying your phone died so I couldn't make sure you were okay, then you get hit by my truck on your motorcycle!"

    I don't shrink at his tone of voice, trusting Bucky completely, but I do lower my eyes from the shame my father is giving off.

    He sighs, running a hand through his long hair. "I'm sorry I yelled. It's not your fault, not any of this. Now get in the car, we're going home."

He easily puts the bike in the bed of his truck, rounding to open my door. Ever the gentleman. I hop in with a wince, the wounds not fully healed yet. The adrenaline is wearing off, but like I said before, high pain tolerance.

He drives us the rest of the way home. We are in a comfortable silence the whole way.

    He pulls his truck into the garage, turning it off. We sit there for a few minutes longer.

"Do you have any idea who those people were?"

"Not really. Can we not tell everyone about this, I don't want to make a big deal about nothing."

"It's not nothing. People are after you, you know that. I don't like it, but there are probably going to be more appearances of people who are like that. We just have to accept that."

"We don't have to, you know? You can tell me to go away, I'll leave. It will leave you all a lot safer. You guys don't want me around anyways, I'm a mess."

He gives me the most serious look. "Don't you ever say that. We are your family. I am your family. I love you, and you are an amazing person. You are not a mess, to anyone."

I get out of the vehicle, and inside the house. I run straight up to my room, avoiding everyone around. I plug up my phone to the charger, watching the battery bring it to life once more.

    I contemplate if I should actually go downstairs. Even if my dad didn't tell them, Peter would of told Tony, and him telling everyone else.

    It's not like I want to keep it a secret for a dark reason. It's just that they'll get worried and ask a lot of questions, and they don't need to do that for me.