30: Figuring Things Out ✔︎

PUZZLE PIECES

(A/N Poor baby James, it's alright buddy)

Vera's POV:

I WATCH from the eyes of the ShadowHunter. I'm trapped in the back of her mind, not having control over anything.

I hate it.

    I obviously knew that it was a bad idea to visit Rumlow every Monday alone, but it was helping my team out.

   All it took were a few simple words and I'm in the dark.

    I know information that the ShadowHunter has gained that is very valuable to my team, but I can't do anything about it.

    It's torturous how badly I want to speak up, to regain control of my body, of my mind.

I, well no ShadowHunter is currently roaming the halls. They, we, oh god. We just got back from visiting Rumlow.

    No one on the team has suspected that it's not me in my body. There have been some incidents, where certain few catch on. But, ShadowHunter being trained so well, makes up lies to answer the questions.

I'm kind of hurt by the fact that they haven't figured out it's not me, even if ShadowHunter was trained to do these things.

I just hope the team finds out before it's too late.

ShadowHunter's POV:

    I was roaming the halls of the compound, reminiscing in the peace it gives.

    Sebastian decides to disrupt the silencing moment in my life. His energy he gives off is energetic and carefree.

    "Hey, Vera Lee! If you don't mind I would like to accompany you on this lovely walk of yours." He says faking professional.

    "What harm could it do?"

    I take his arm he offered, and he blushes at the physical contact. I can faintly hear Vera hissing at me mentally.

I smugly pull Sebastian in closer. "What'd were you up to when I was visiting Rumlow?"

"Nothing really, just talking with Peter and Shuri. I missed you."

I have to respond cheesily, not really wanting to. "I missed you too." I pout.

He suddenly stops and stares me into the eyes. I tilt my head at him in actual curiosity. "What?"

Sebastian narrows his eyes, his gaze hardening.

"Who are you?" He throws me off by a land slide.

"What are you talking about?" I play dumb.

"Where the heck is Vera?!" He slams me against the wall. My eyes harden to their normal state, a smug smirk falling on my face.