Cross Your Heart (Chapter Eleven)

Jake's POV 

I knelt infront of Li and took the ring out of my pocket. I held it up so she could see it. The ring was sterling silver because Li never liked gold jewelry. The ring was carved to look like two hands holding half a heart and those hands placed the two halves together to form the heart. I also had the jeweler engrave a cross onto the heart. Inside the ring I also had him engrave the words "Cross Your Heart ~ Li&Jake." The saying had so much meaning to our relationship. When one of us ever promised something and crossed our hearts that promise was forever and we would never break it. If Li accepted the ring I knew the promise would never be broken. We would be together forever. 

"Jake... I... Don't know what to say. I mean I love you, but I don't know if I can trust you at least for a while." She sucked in a breath. "Five years ago you agreed to a dare to become my friend. That means that our whole friendship has been based off of a lie. How can I trust you again?" She said as tears swelled in her eyes threatening to pour over. I looked down at the ground. I felt like such an asshole.  

"But..." she began to speak. " If you would've never accepted that dare we wouldn't be friends right now. I wouldn't have the most amazing friend. I wouldn't have had the chance to get to know how amazing you are. I wouldn't have had the chance to fall in love with you," She placed her finger under my chin to make me look her in the eyes. Tears were falling down her face in steady streams. " and I wouldn't have had the chance to say yes." she said smiling down at me. She climbed off of the bed and knelt infront of me so that we were at the same level. "Yes. " she whispered again. I was in total shock. I didn't make any movements. I just sat there smiling into the face of my best friend, no my girlfriend. Li started to wave her hand infront of my eyes.  

"Jake??" she asked. 

" Oh sorry. Here give me your hand?" I grabbed the hand she held out for me and placed the ring onto her finger with shaky hands. Once the ring was on I stared at it. It looked perfect. I could only imagine what it would look like if it was our wedding ring. I felt tears well up in my eyes thinking of my future, our future together. I stood up and bent down to pick Li up. I grabbed her bridal style and placed her on the bed. She giggled a little as I slid in next to her. 

" What?" I asked her. 

" Kiss me." Was all she said. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

Elizabeth's POV 

The feeling of Jake's lips on mine sent fireworks shooting around in my mind. He was the one. I know I'm only 17 so what do I know about love right? Well if this wasn't love I didn't know what it was, but what I do know is that I want to be with Jake forever. I was ripped from my thoughts when Jake's lips left mine. I opened my eyes and gave him a confused look. 

" Let's not tell anyone for a while." He said. That comment stabbed me right in the heart. 

" What?" I asked as I moved away from him and out of his reach. 

" No! You took that the wrong way." 

" Well how am I supposed to take it?" 

"I just don't want you mom to find out that we are dating because then she wouldn't let me stay over anymore." He said as he tried to hide a blush. I tried to refrain from laughing but I couldn't help it. I have never seen Jake that embarrassed ever. Jake just looked at me completely stunned. 

" Don't laugh at me! That's not very nice." He cried giving me a pouty face. Gosh was he sexy. 

" Jake I'm not laughing at you. I'm laughing at why you don't want to tell my mom. I'll let you in on a little secret come here." He leaned in closer clearly interested. " My mom has been trying to get us together for years." His jaw dropped in astonishment. 

"WHAT?" He yelled. 

"Shhhh... Yeah. Do you remember the day I first heard you sing?" He nodded and snickered remembering how I totally flipped. " Well when I mentioned you leave and go on American Idol and you refused because you didn't want to leave me that was the moment my mom became so adamant on getting us together." 

" That's why she always asks me how you look and push us out the door to go somewhere together? " He asked finally understanding my mother's motives. I just nodded and we both started laughing. We laughed until our stomachs ached and tears leaked from our eyes. When I finally stopped laughing I laid back down in Jake's arms and let out a yawn. Tomorrow was Saturday so I decided I would just stay the night with Jake.  

"Go to sleep. We'll talk more in the morning." Jake assured me just as my eyes gave in to an unyielding sleep.  

The next morning Jake and I were awoke by flashing lights. I squinted my eyes only to see my mom, Austin, and Mae all with their cameras taking pictures of Jake and I.  

I turned to look at Jake who was still sleeping and I laughed. I turned to the others and smiled, I had a plan. I had to tell them everything that happened last night. Austin gave me a thumbs up, my mom smiled basking in her handy work, and Mae squealed like a little pig. I quickly quieted her so she wouldn't wake up Jake. I told them my plan and they all smiled and got their cameras ready.  

I turned to Jake and placed my lips on his and began kissing him. It wasn't long before he joined in. I smiled to myself as I saw the flashes of the cameras. I pulled back and looked at Jake who was now fully awake. 

" What was that for?" he asked. 

"Can't a girl kiss her boyfriend?" He just nodded and pulled me in for another kiss and the room erupted in whistles and wolf calls. 

" I like your method of waking me up." He said with a wink. 

"Oh shut up and kiss me." I said as I bent down and placed my lips on his. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

YAY!!! She said yes!!  

They are so cute!! Wish I had what they have!! 

The picture to the side is another of Jake.

~KALLIE