CHAPTER 7: LIVING THE DREAMS OF A VIRTUOUS MAN

"She's off the hook, I would dress her decentlybut look, her body is immaculate I'm attacking it from all positions – Pharoahe Monch – The Light"

So, we head on out for our 'date' and during our walk, towards our destination, we start talking about everything. I do not talk much and anybody who really knows me will tell you this, however this woman somehow managed to get me talking and engaging in stimulating conversation. It was effortless with her, we spoke about the type music she listened to, the types of places she liked hanging out at, etc... you know, the usually "cupcaking" shit. That was a way of gauging what kind of girl I was dealing with, for me and that's how I got to the conclusion that I may have already bagged this woman. We spent over a half an hour talking and eventually we arrive back to our workspaces all smiles and blushes. Later during the day, she phones me at my office phone and asks me what time I would be heading home. I say that I would be leaving at 16h30 because I would be going to gym straight after work. She tells me she would be leaving at 16h00 and that it would very nice if I could walk her to her car – I tell her that I wouldn't mind at all and that she should give me a call later when she is all packed up and ready to head out. Sure enough, a couple of minutes before 16h00, the office phone rings and it's her. "Hey, I'll be seeing you in a couple of minutes once I'm done and we can leave." she says. We meet up by the exit a couple of minutes later and I walk her to her car. On the way there, we make light conversation about how she misses going to gym and how she should go back soon. We talk about how much she has to do when she gets home and how exhausted she usually is at the end of most evenings. Eventually the conversations get very deep when I mention her husband and how he should surprise her with dinner now and again, give her foot-rubs and run her a nice bubble bath to help her relax. This is how I came to learn that she was not happy in her marriage. I genuinely felt sorry for her in that moment, but at the same instance, I had found myself performing a mental air-punch, thinking to myself "Yessss!! I don't have to feel bad when I finally get to be with her intimately." – Eventually I say to her, "Is he really that bad? Or are you guys just going through a rough patch?". "It's probably worse than you can imagine." She replies. She also goes as far as telling me how this dude is verbally and physically abusive towards her. I look at her thinking, "How the fuck could a dude treat such a beautiful woman like that? His wife even?" I never stopped to think about it much deeper than that because I was too busy sympathizing with her, I didn't even want to think about his side of the story or ask what she could possibly be doing that makes him that way towards her. After some 20 minutes of talking about her home situation, I eventually cut the conversation short and tell her that I need to leave shortly if I'm going make it to gym on time and that we would talk about it further when I see her again if she is open to it.

A couple of weeks go by with us hanging out, going for short walks, sharing lunches exchanging emails and even the walks to her car have become more frequent now. She sometimes texts me in the evenings from her home and asks me to NEVER reply to her late-night texts because it isn't safe. That was supposed to make me uneasy, but I'm surprisingly cool with it. My focus is on her and I'm more interested in trying to get her out of the bad situation for my own selfish reasons, I didn't know yet, but I had no actual plan of what happens after I get her out of that situation. One of my colleagues, who had become close with JayRabbit, pulls me aside one morning and says to me, "I see you and JayRabbit have become very close, when are you going to hit that?" I give her the "Russell Westbrook meme" look and before I could even respond she says, "You're moving too slowly, you haven't even kissed her yet and she's been dying for you to kiss her." – Now I have a perplexed look on my face and I'm thinking, "Damn! They talk about me that way? What the fuck else is she saying to her?" As "shook" as I was by the comment, I do my best not to make it too apparent, I'm trying to come off as stoic and unmoved as possible. So, I finally say, "Well she's the one who's married between the two of us, all I can do is create an opportunity for her to make the first move in that department, that way she won't say I fucked up her marriage if things go awry later." – My colleague looks at me with a "well played, sir" grin on her face and all she could master after that was, "Mmmm, Interesting." I let out a chuckle, to which she says, "You better not take too much of your time if you want to get anywhere with her, she is growing impatient". I then respond, "I'm not planning to" and we end the interaction there. So, now that I've learned that they discuss our shenanigans on that level, I'm hoping she'll go back to her new friend and relay my comments, that way I would have to do nothing other than to create an opportunity. A few more days go by, her and I are still cool, still do the usual shit and it hasn't gotten boring yet, until one day she proposed something out of character, so to speak. She asks that we take the elevator of the opposite side of the building on our way to her car, because she'd like to "be around me longer" before she heads home. I'm suspicious, but I oblige. We get in in the elevator and it's just the two of us. Just when I'm about to hit the ground floor button on the elevator, she hits the top floor button, grabs my extended hand and swings me toward her. Before I could process that moment, her lips were on mine. I felt everything around me disappear and my body just took over. My hands, as if with a mind of their own, gently caressed their way from her shoulders to her tiny waist. I heard her let out a gentle moan of pleasure as I gently squeezed my fingers over her soft frame. That 10second elevator ride to the top floor felt like a movie as I pressed my body against hers and sandwiched her between myself and the elevator. The loud "DING!" of the elevator reaching its destination, finally managed to separate us from one another's clutches. I poked my head outside the machine to see if there was anybody coming in. There was not. Another "DING!" followed, to signal the doors closing and before they were completely shut, we were all over each other once again, this time with heavy panting and slightly more hand movement up and down one another's bodies. Finally, after a few more seconds of kissing and fondling, "DING!" the elevator arrives at the ground floor. We "detach" from one another once more and she proceeds to fix herself up as the elevator doors slide open. She looks at me with a devilish smile, as if to say, "saved by the bell" and walks out slowly in from of me. Just as I'm about to follow she turns around and places her one hand on my chest, signaling for me to not disembark the elevator, with her other hand she presses the elevator button to take me back to our office floor level. I look up at her and before I could ask what she's doing, she bites her bottom lip and says, "I think you've seen enough of me today, Mr. I will have to see you tomorrow and hopefully we get to do this again sometime soon". She looks at me and winks and I hear another "DING!" as she fades away behind the closing elevator doors.