CHAPTER 8: ALL'S FAIR IN LOVE AND WAR

"You fell in love with me quick, was down towait for me But that held us down, was like a weight for me You wanted answersSaid we can't keep fuckin' without a title, you won't sit back idle – Joe Budden ~ Where Do We Go"

You know how in most instances (Whether you're conscious of it or not) there are steps and sequential transitions from when you are just dating someone to when you finally decide that you are going to be in an exclusive relationship? Well, JayRabbit and I skipped a couple of those steps. In retrospect I realize that we just didn't give a fuck about the steps in-between the "Okay we clearly like one another" and the "We are now a couple and we are fucking". There was no conscious acknowledgement of whatever goes in between those two instances in our interaction or at least I didn't notice any of that happening while I was in that moment. There was never really a "Call just to talk" Phase; No "Do new things together" or even the basic "Let's go out a few times to get to know each other better" phase. If anything, all of these were crammed into the "Well, we are already having sex now and we love being around one another, so I guess we are a couple" Phase. All this was great, and I don't think either one of us, at the time, cared much about the "dating steps" we missed in between the time we first saw one another to the first time we had our genitalia intertwined. It got to a point where people at the workplace actually started noticing that we've probably been having sex. We tried being discreet but at some point, I guess, we could not keep the attraction a secret anymore. This was obvious to a point that even at office events we'd, more often than not, be paired together by default. Everything was great, but there was still her husband to worry about. That's one instance where we refused to be complacent with our discretion. I think dude became a little suspicious and became a little more "concerned" of his wife's whereabouts. After she got her vehicle back, JayRabbit would often come home with me, we'd enjoy some video games together on some occasions and just have sex in-between the gaming sessions. She would then head home at around 7 pm almost every night. This all happened under the guise of her having to work late and having to go to gym. It was a simple excuse. There was a gym on work premises and there was no way her husband could get on the premises to check. She would tell me the type of disgusting things this dude would call her when she got home, she would also tell me how on several occasions this dude would tell her that "she smells like dick" even after she had clearly showered before going home. Whether what she was telling me was true or not, all it accomplished was that it fuelled my desires to permanently take her away from this dude. I meant it when I said it at the time.

Her and I loved each other's company and nothing about our interactions felt forced. We were getting along great, even did some of the things you would see in those watered down, unrealistic, girly fantasy romantic movies. One day something really fucked up occurred with JayRabbit and the husband, which ironically turned out to be a great thing for her and me. I was minding my own business one Saturday evening doing my own thing, relaxing at the house, having a beer, and playing video games when my phone suddenly rang. My "spider sense" went off when I peeped the caller ID and saw JayRabbit. At first, I thought the husband had figured it out and was calling to basically draw me a mental picture of how he would murder me and hide my body. I eventually answer the phone and remain as cool as possible, not trying call her by any pet names or answer the phone with any form of excitement in my voice.