Caught you Unaware

Hope POV

Waking up again like most mornings I cursed as I had the most sore head I have had in a while. I opened my eyes and I hissed before covering them with the covers. It was so bright. The memories of last night came rushing back of Josie and I. Walking through the corridors as she helped me back to my room. Of course I was a drunk idiot like most nights  but this time someone actually took care of me. Josie made sure I was safe and made it back to my room.

I half expected her to be in bed with me but when I took a peak the bed next to me was empty. Wishful thinking I suppose. Heat went to my face and I thought about being so close to Josie. There was something about the girl that made me feel things. Things I never would have felt with one of the many one night stands I have had.

Getting up I thought I would go for a bath. I stunk of mead and I felt very dirty for some reason.

Josie POV

I had been awake for three hours now and was going about my daily tasks. Just like any other day in the castle. But no matter how hard I rubbed at the silverware or scrubbed the tables I couldn't take my mind off her. Of the Princess. She was the first person I thought of when I went to bed last night and when I woke up this morning. Her face came to my mind almost immediately. 

The door opened and I turned to see who came in.

It was Ethan who had a look about the room and his eyes landed on mine. He came over smiling.

"Josie, isn't it? How are you?"

I straightened up and responded.

"Sir Ethan. I am fine. How are you?"

Ethan smiled and shook his head.

"Just Ethan please. I may be the Queen's personal bodyguard but I still remember where I came from. I came to tell you the Queen had requested that you meet her right away. Her Majesty needs to see you."

"Oh yes. I will go see her post haste. Thank you Ethan for letting me know."

"Of course and Josie?"

"Yes?"

"You didn't see where my sister went last night did you?"

I shook my head.

"No I didn't think so. She just disappears some times and I don't know where. I am sure its nothing but I thought I would ask. You can go ahead."

I nodded and smiled and left the room quickly. I had to admit I was really worried as I made my way to the throne room. Her Queen Majesty requesting that I go see her. The only reason a servant would be summoned is if there in trouble or they need them to fetch them something from the kitchens. I knew I did nothing wrong but I couldn't get the feeling of unease out of my head as I reached the door and it opened to reveal King Klaus and a boy I seen with the royal family.

The King smiled when he saw me. I curtsied when they approached me.

"Ah Josie. It is a pleasure to see you this wonderful morning. Landon, this is Josie. One of most treasured employees as of late. Josie this is Prince Landon."

I bowed to him as he practically sneered.

"Prince Landon. It is a pleasure."

"A servant. How quaint."

I wasn't exactly sure why but I got a bad feeling from Prince Landon. Maybe it was the way he looked at me. Almost like he didn't even consider me a person at all but an object that was put here to tailor to his every need. Or was it that he just gave off a very evil vibe. With a wicked smile that seemed like her knew everything about you the moment he met him.