When I first met you.

Josie POV

Another day begins as I hear the birds chirping outside and I sigh while rubbing my eyes to get the tiredness out of the my eyes. Letting my hand fall to my bedside table as I felt around for my glasses and put them on. I was blind without them so I was glad that my Mom had been able to save up for a pair.

I got up out of my bed and put my dirty dress on. It was rarely cleaned as it took long and most days I helped my Mother clean the castle just as the other servants did. It wasn't the greatest job but we were out on the streets before this and now we were grateful to have a roof over our heads. Putting on my shoes that had holes in them and were nearly worn out. 

There was a knock at door. 

"Honey. Are you awake yet? We are going to be late."

"Coming Mother."

I looked in the small mirror that I had found in the old box which was already in the room when I moved in. Today was another day to make my life better. To find some kind of happy ending.

Hope POV

Waking up with a sore head was pretty much second nature to me now. I was out nearly every night of the week and always had something strong to drink. I cursed as the taste of mead still on my tongue. I knew I was late for some breakfast that my Mother was throwing but honestly I didn't care about it. They didn't know me that well if they were expecting me to show up.

Taking another few minutes to get myself ready for the day I sat up and felt almost immediately and ran for the bathroom. I should be use to a morning after drinking now but they still me pretty hard no matter what.  When you are the King and Queen's daughter so I had my fill of the mead and lets just say I didn't waste it. I found some crowd to hang around with and last night was no different. 

Penelope had told me about this secret party so I had supplied the mead and they in turn gave me the girls and boys that I could want. I didn't know who I had kissed last night but I wasn't too worried about it. Everyone was too drunk at the party to really care what they were doing. Much less remember about it. I cleaned my face and put my fancy red dress on. It was beautiful with silk with the most expensive buttons that my Mother could find. I would prefer to wear my black dress but I agreed with my Mother that I would only have it on one day a week. I already had defied that and wore it three times this week.

I took out my makeup box and applied my black lipstick. The a light touch on my cheeks and I was done. Walking out of the bathroom I put on the highest high heels I could find as I was a shortass. To put it bluntly. I know a princess shouldn't use that sort of language. As My Father will tell me on a lot of occasions. However I disobeyed. 

Ready for the day I left my room and went to get some food.

Josie POV

Most of the day went on as normal. We first had to clean all the halls that were assigned to us. All the servants got a set of them and swept and polished until the looked like no one had stepped on them. I personally found it rather tedious but the rich and wealthy are a different breed so they must have everything perfect and clean. 

I swept at the floors until my arms ached and then it was onto the dining room where the table needed to be cleaned with the windows and floor also cleaned. Mother gave me the task of doing it today as she said I should have more responsibility among the other servants. They each took a room. Even though a lot of them weren't my age except Maya but we didn't talk much. 

Upon entering the ball I realised that there was already two people in there. I got a but startled when I realised it was the Queen herself. Queen Hayley was talking to a boy that looked around my age. Maybe a little older. They stopped when I came in and turned to look at me. I curtsied and they went back to talking just like I hadn't interrupted them. I went about my business and cleaned. I tried my best but snippets of the conversation would reach me.