Longing for You

Josie POV

Finding out Hope was going to be married was a shock to say the least. I mean it's not like it wasn't common. The members of the Royal family were always paired with people who made a suitable match that would work best for them. All you had to do was look at the history books to find the long list of people that were paired off to help the kingdoms that they were apart off.

Even the King and Queen. Both of their own kingdoms thought that they would make the best match available. I am not sure if they had learned to love each other or not but like it or not they were in it for life. I couldn't speak or say what Hope wanted but I couldn't help feeling as if she deserved someone better. Someone that could love her as much as she needed. Someone that saw her as a person and not just a person to use for their own gain.

I mean I am sure both of the kingdoms would benefit but it just didn't sit right with me. That is why I wanted to be far away from it as possible. Unfortunately I couldn't exactly do that now because I was now the Princess's personal servant and that meant staying with her nearly all day. Tending to her every need. Which was what I was doing right now.

Hope needed her dress fitted. The King had got it for her and now it needed to be properly stitched to fit the Princess's figure. Complimenting her as best it could. I had plenty of practice with my Mother so it wasn't too hard for me to get it ready. Hope had been quiet and only spoke when another servant came in with a tray which had mead on it. Hope took it and took a bug gulp of it before wiping her lips. 

I tried to not focus on them. They way the mead dripped down off them or how they changed to another colour as Hope rubbed them and licked her finger. 

"Josie. Earth to Josie."

I snapped out of it and looked at Hope who was looking at me while smirking a bit.

"Yes Princess."

 "I was asking you thought on what I look on this dress. If you don't mind that is?"

"Of course, Princess. Anything for you."

"I'll remember that."

I tried to ignore the flirty remark and focus on Hope who was standing in front of me. Looking just as beautiful as ever. I sweat this girl could wear rags and still look like someone from another world. A true goddess that even if I imagined the most amazing beautiful person in this world, they wouldn't even compare to Hope. A smile broke across my face and Hope waited for my response.

Try to play it cool Josie.

"Breath-taking. I mean you look good. Like really good. Amazingly good. Yeah."

Hope laughed but if I wasn't mistaken her cheeks turned to a shade of red.

"Thank you Josie. I appreciate that a lot. If I am being honest everyone other than my parents will say something nice but I am not really sure if they are being honest or not. But it's different with you. I can tell you are being genuine about what you say. Its refreshing."

"I mean I am sorry to hear that but I am being truly honest. I will never lie to you, Princess."

Hope POV

I mean if I was telling the truth in that moment my legs felt like jelly. I was generally surprised I was still standing. Something about the way Josie looked at me and told the honest truth without any malice behind it just made me feel truly understood. No matter how many people I had been with I never felt that and I wasn't with Josie. That was the strange thing.

Josie and I weren't together but I felt like she was the one that has gotten truly close to me in I don't know how long. It may be because she doesn't want anything from me. I mean in the aspect of gaining favour with my parents or even just to have the status of hanging out with the Princess brings you. Someone who was around you to help and not to help themselves.