The death.....harsh..

I stood in the emergency room like my heart was ripped out of my chest. The nurse stood in front of me with pity in her eyes.

"I'm so sorry. There was nothing we could do." She says again. I spin around on my heals. I. breath in and out rapidly. My chest is moving faster and faster. I can't process what she said when really I know damn straight what she said.

"3:45 am your parents have passed away in the hospital bed....."

I started crying. I couldn't stop. I didn't want to stop. I started running down the narrow hallway, faster and faster, my feet slapping the floor. I couldn't stop running. I took turns and twists. I needed to find something or somewhere out of here. I finally found an empty janitors closet. I locked the door and slid down.

My parents.

The only thing I had.

The only thing that was keeping me on this planet.

Have just died in an accident that even the hospital couldn't understand.

THE NEXT MORNING////

I woke up with someone knocking on the door of my now lonely house. I slumped down the hallway and to the front entrance.

"Yes?" I sighed not making eye contact.

It was Will Grier. I only ever saw him when the Grier parents would come over but that was it. He smiled at me and I just stared at him. Seems really mean? I know but my parents just died last night so it's not like I should be all happy.

"Chloe, we are marked as your second family so you'll be moving in with the Grier family."

WAIT WHAT!?!?! I WAS MOVING IN WITH THE GRIERS?!?!?!? THEY LIVED 4 TOWNS AWAY!!"

"We already sold your house.......and all the stuff in it. We put the money in your college fund, you don't need to bring anything. 4 items at the most." Will tried to sound patient but he was coming off really impatient.

I ran down the hallway and grabbed a bag. Inside I put my parents photo album. My longboard. My favorite beanies. And my teddy from my childhood.

Yeah don't judge. I said teddy.

I walked out to the car where Will was.

"I'm so sorry Jamie." He said once we were on the highway. I just looked at him and nodded. I looked out the window and saw everything go by so quick, just like the memories with my parents. God I'm going to miss them.