Ghost of You- Finale

A/N- Love, unrequited and real. Something more than I could've perceived. But where once you had came then abruptly left, I realized that I really did love you..... more than anything.......

🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀🥀

Narrator's POV

Continuing with the story, here we are in the Tomioka household.

The kids were adults now with families of their own, so it was just the relatively old couple enjoying the day to themselves waiting for them to visit.

It's 1987 now, 42 years, almost 5 decades, and 77 about to be 78 years of their life now.

A new song would ring through the radio, The Past by Ray Parker Jr. A very beautiful song that the old couldn't help but dance into.

The slow tempo was beautiful and the lyrics hit too close to home, especially for Giyu..... Since he did regret a lot.

Although the part where it talks about how the man almost cheated? He couldn't disagree more, for Shinobu will always be the love of his life/lifetimes.

But the numerous regrets he committed and the need for them to start all over again was prominent throughout the song.

Nevertheless they waltzed like there was no tomorrow, hell they felt 50 years younger at least.

The moment was very sweet, you could even say bittersweet since I will be doing something no one else would..... Muwahahahahah-

Anyways as the two were dancing, Shinobu would suddenly feel this panging pain from her brittle old body.

A sudden sense of fatigue would run throughout her body, to which her grip would loosen from his wrinkled hands.

Giyu would catch her limping body, instantly going for her aid as he screamed for someone to help them.

A few neighbors would hear this and would instantly run to their simple abode.

The young couple that lived in front of them would be the first ones there, instantly helping the old man Giyu to transport the collapsed Shinobu.

"What happened Mr. Tomioka?!" The distressed question of the younger woman would call to him, to which the panicking old man would shakily reply.

"I-I don't know, she just d-dropped.." The coarse and shaken statement inciting fear to the younger couple's hearts.

They were relatively new to the neighborhood, so they were kinda scared to approach any of their neighbors.

Well that was until the elderly pair would knock at the front door, with an impossibly caring attitude.

The two would always visit them whenever they could, often bringing food for them to indulge in as they would tell them stories of the unexpectedly beautiful romance that they now bear till this day.

Even whenever their kids and grandchildren would visit, they'd find time to visit and even help the grateful two.

And now the two were faced with the inevitable fact that one of the nicest people they've ever met is on the verge of.... dying.....

The saddened thought was interrupted by two men entering the house, their faces also filled with so much concern.

They instantly rushed over to see the old Shinobu, lying as the elderly Giyu held the poor woman.

"What the hell happened here?!" The bearded man would ask in disbelief, the young couple answering as the two men stood in disbelief.

"Babe, get the car, Mr. Tomioka helped me carry her!" The other man would tell his lover, as they tried to slowly carry the limp body of the old woman.