Chapter 15

The thought of me picking what he will wear on his funeral never crossed in my mind.I never thought of this...never...and I will never be prepared for something like this.I am not prepared that he will left me so soon and the thought of it's his birthday adds more pain in my heart.

He died peacefully,but I can't accept it.I wasn't prepared.We should be happy at this time celebrating his birthday,but it came out to be first night.How can I celebrate his birthday if it was also the day he passed away?

After I picked what he will wear,I went to a bakeshop to buy a cake.I wanted to celebrate his birthday, it's his special day after all.I just can't let this day pass.He doesn't want his birthday to be this,I know.I just hope he gave him just another day to live ,so that we can celebrate this day with him.

Life is so cruel.

I went to the hill for a while.I just want to absorbed things.I want to relax just a bit.The sun is about to rise when I arrived.I stood there,where we are always standing to watch the sunset.

It felt different now.So much different from before.

After a few minutes there,I decided to leave.Mas malulungkot lang ako kung magtatagal pa ako sa lugar na 'yon.We have so many happy memories there and now it stays a memory.He's not here anymore.

***

"Brie,tara na sa loob."

I wiped my tears when I heard Reese.I nodded at her and went inside.Everything is arranged now.He's lying there,looking like he's just in a deep sleep.

"Can we celebrate his birthday?I bought a cake,"I asked Tito who's looking at his son's coffin.

I can see sadness and happiness in his eyes at the same time.Siguro,masaya siya kasi hindi na maghihirap anak niya.He lost two important people in his family.And I lost three...

"Sure.I know he also wants that.Let just be happy that he's at peace now."There a small smile in Tito's lips.

When my tear was about to fall,I hug him.He's like a father to me,ever since.He always says something about life to me and even said that I should love Liam like it was his last day.Because,he knew...and I didn't have any clue about it.

"Anak,he's always here with us.You may feel sad,but it will pass.We can all move on.I've been the same situation as yours before,you'll get through this."It felt touching to here him calling me like his own daughter."You're a fighter."

I already lost the fight when he die.I know,I shouldn't think like this,but crap!I can't accept this.He's good and he should live longer than me.Pero wala na akong magagawa,wala na siya.

I was holding the cake in front of his coffin and our friends was singing a happy birthday song for him.I wish,I could him smile again.I can move on,but I can't ever forget.All of his memories with me stucked in my mind.It just hurts that those memories will never repeat again.He will just be there on my mind, imagining he's alive.Atleast his memories will be forever there.And he will forever have a special place in my heart.

I blew the cake for him when the song ends."Happy birthday..."I whispered and handed the cake to Bry.

I gave them a sad smile when I saw how worried they are, especially Grace.I pressed my lips when Grace went closer to give me a hug.I can't help,but to cry when she wrapped her arms around me.He's the one comforting me before,but now he's the one who cause me to cry.

"He's at peace,don't worry."She said.

I know,but it just hurts me.I know,we are all mourning.I should brace myself.I shouldn't break down.This will pass and I'll be okay,we'll be okay.