Chapter 14

Do good people tend to leave earlier?Are they meant to live just to change someone?To give lessons?And when their mission is already full filled they will leave.

"Love...hindi ka pa sawa dito sa hospital?Pagaling kana,oh...para hindi na tayo pabalik-balik dito."Hinawakan ko ang kamay niya at inilagay sa pisnge ko.

I didn't heard any answers.He's still asleep,nilagyan din siya ng oxygen para makatulong sa paghinga niya.He wasn't even getting better.Alam kong nahihirapan na siya pero kailangan niyang lumaban.He still want to live,I know that.

"Aren't you gonna open your eyes?Of all people bakit ikaw pa?"There a hint of confusion in my voice.I let my tears to flow down to my cheeks.I can't tell them to stop so why bother?

The door opens and that's Lian.I kissed the back of his hand before I stood up.Lian hug me and I just gave her a small smile before I go out.As long as gusto kong mag-stay sa tabi niya ay hindi pwede dahil malapit na ang exam namin.Alam kong magagalit siya kapag nalaman niya na hindi ako pumapasok para bantayan siya.Liam is Liam and just like her mother,he doesn't want to be a burden.Though,he is not a burden to us.

Days passed by so fast and his condition worsen day by day.He can't even breathe properly.Everyday,I can feel the pain he's feeling.I can't even stand next to him while he's being checked by the doctor.It's killing me to see him in that situation,paano pa kaya siya?The medicines he's taking...it's not helping him.Parang wala namang epekto sa kaniya.

I sighed,"When will be the time that we can spend a day with each other?"I whispered through the air while thinking of him.

I am sitting on a bench here at the rooftop.The sun is about to set,our favorite time of the day.How I wish he's here beside me,watching the sunset together.But he's lying at his bed being surrounded by so many apparatus.Being observed Everytime because of his condition.

It's his birth month and it looks like we will celebrate his birthday here at the hospital.I thought,after his operation everything will be alright.Looks like I was wrong,it gets to be worse that I expected.

I sniffed and wiped the tears away that escaped my eyes.

"Hi,"

Agad kong pinunasan ang mga luha ko ng bigla kong marinig ang boses ni Leon.Hindi ko napansin na naka-upo na pala siya sa tabi ko at pinagmamasdan din ang magandang paglubog ng araw.

"Kanina ka pa?"Tanong ko dito ngunit nagkibit-balikat lamang ito dahilan para mapasimangot ako.

A long deafening silence swallowed the both of us.I don't know how to start a conversation with him since we are not that close.He's silent and I think his mind was more matured than me.He never talked nonsense things,or I just didn't heard him talked like that.He's the serious,the quiet,and the type of person who knows a lot.So,I didn't expect him to first approach me.

"Kuya is already awake."A smile curved on my lips as I heard the news."And he's looking for you."The bright smile I was wearing turned into a sad smile."Bakit hindi ka pumunta do'n?"He asked.

I was glad that he's finally awake,but I think I can't come to him.Not now that I am crying.I should brace myself before I will showed up in front of him.Kasi kilala niya ako, malalaman niya kung umiyak na naman ako at alam ko na iisipin niya na siya ang dahilan ng mga luha ko.

"Parang hindi ko kaya... nahihirapan na ako sa kalagayan niya,paano pa siya,'di ba?"Hindi ko alam kung nakikinig ba siya sa akin pero siguro hayaan ko nalang din."He kept on saying that we should make his remaining time more memorable.He kept on saying that,he already accepted what will be his end.It's like he's just waiting for the time that he will passed away.Alam mo ba kung gaano kasakit 'yon?I kept on pushing him to fight,but everytime he fought I can see the pain in his eyes.Gusto ko na mabuhay pa siya kasi ang dami niya pang pangarap,e.Hindi niya deserve 'to.There's a lot of bad guys in the world,but why it has to be him?"Bakit kahit ilang beses na akong umiyak ay hindi pa rin maubos ang mga luha ko?