~1~

I was woken up by the sound of my alarm. I checked the time and it was 5:45, and it was my first day at school at Passaic Valley High School. I got up and tried to get ready quietly trying not to wake up my abusive dad. He's an alcoholic and has a very short temper. And my mom just vanished when I was 10, and I believe my dad drove her out of the house. I never had friends because for some reason people at my old school thought I was weird, I probably am tho. Oh well. I walk to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror and I'm an ABSOLUTE MESS. I have a bruise under my eye from last night. I kinda dropped a glass frightened by my dads yelling and he got a hold of me. I touch it as it has a small cut with it. "Ouch shit" I whisper to myself. I grab my makeup to cover it up and I do the rest of my makeup. I leave my hair down with a middle part. I go to my dresser and choose some clothes for the day.

I put this on

I put this on. I never wear crop tops because I try to hide my scars, like the one from the time my dad slashed my with his pocket knife for accidentally interrupting his phone call. I also only wear pants and long sleeves because I kinda have a history of cutting myself on the wrists and thighs...

 I also only wear pants and long sleeves because I kinda have a history of cutting myself on the wrists and thighs

I put these shoes on too.

I check the time and it's 6:27, I grab my backpack and head downstairs where I come across my dad passed out on the couch.

Probably drunk.

I quietly open the door and grab my skateboard and start skating to school. I put my AirPods i and blast Billie Eilish because her music relaxes me and I was beyond nervous. It takes about 10 minutes to get to school. I stop and take a look at it.

Damn, it's not as ghetto as my old school. It's actually not that bad.

I walk inside and look for the office. I look around for another minute and find it.

These hallways are hella confusing.

I walk into the office and go to the front desk where a cute little old lady is sitting.

Desk lady: oh hello dear, what can I do for you?

Camila: hi, uhm I'm a new student