Really Short Chapter 14: New Beginning

(Sam's POV)

"It looks good." I comment as we stare at the newly made apartment. 

"You owe us KFC for this, Emma," Austin jokes. Emma smiles and looks at Kaden and Quinn, who became immediately comfortable in her new apartment and are jumping on the sofa. 

"Thanks so much for the help, Sam, Austin." She thanks. We salute her simultaneously. She rolls her eyes at us and takes a deep breath. "Time for a new beginning," She mutters to herself. We let her and Kaden settle in and go to mine.

"You think she'll be fine alone?" Austin asks in the car. 

"Of course, its Emma, she threw a vase at her cheating husband, I'm sure she can handle living alone." I say. He chuckles at the memory as we drive up to my house.

"I liked that vase," He says, "It gave the apartment character."

"And now it gives the trash pit character." 

"Sam?"  A voice from behind us grabs my attention.

"Yes, Princess?" 

"Is Kaden going to live in the other house now?" She asks. 

"Yeah, his mommy has her own place now, but you can still see each other often." I answer. Quinn smiles and we get out of the car.

We go home and turn on a Disney movie for Quinn. Austin goes into the kitchen and starts making some food for us whilst I open my laptop. I'm trying to find a good school to send Quinn to. I'm thinking of signing her up to the same school as Kaden, so that she won't be alone.

I finally decide to do just that and fill out the online form. By the time I'm done, Austin made some spaghetti. I pause the movie and pick Quinn up and place her on a chair, Austin placing the plate in front of her.