still love him so

When Jareth sent me away, I was absolutely crushed because I had fallen in love with him, but I never had the chance to tell him, it killed me because I had never loved someone so strongly in my life, now he was gone, promised to another, it killed me. It had been an entire year without him, but my heart ached and it killed me that I couldn't go back and stop the wedding, I had to tell him how I felt. Somehow. I didn't know what I was thinking, but I begged him to come back, I knew I was too late, but I had to try. I had to find a way. It was late at night, I was sat out on the balcony, looking up at the stars. "Come on, Jareth. You stupid, fucking idiot. Come back. Come back to me." I shut my eyes tightly, when I felt someone behind me, breathing down my neck. I slowly turn around, looking up into the eyes of the goblin king. He looked upset. "I'm here. What do you want?" He seemed to be preoccupied, like his mind was somewhere else. "Jareth, I've waited an entire year. You sent me away. You didn't give me chance to explain." I frown, my eyes soften as he sighed. "What did you want to tell me?" He whispered, his hands on both sides of me, trapping me against his body. "I was in love with you.. when you sent me away. You didn't let me explain it.. I- I still love you." I admitted, Jareth's face changed, a smile broke on his face as he hugged me tightly. "Oh, thank god." He whispered, I held onto him, never wanting to let go. "I love you too." He held me close to his chest, kissing my shoulder. "It's always been you." I mumbled.

"Why did you send me away?" I look at him, he sighed softly. "I never wanted to, y/n. It was just- I thought you'd never love me. And I gave up on trying to make you like me, let alone love me. I just thought nothing I did was working. I had no idea that you loved me. And then, the princess.. well, that never worked." He looked away, "The wedding didn't happen? Why?" I sat on the bed, "She wasn't you." He ran a hand through his hair, sighing gently as he bites his lip. "I refused to move on. I couldn't. I knew I had to find you again." I look at him, he smiled. "I'm glad you did.. I'm glad you saw sense, love. I really am."

"I always saw sense. I just needed time."