Something inside me won't give up

I had a pretty average life for an adult, apart from almost being kidnapped against my will when I was a teenager, seven years ago by a man called Jareth. I was back to my normal life now, I was an adult and I had my own life, I had it all together, I was happy for the most part, even if he was stuck in my head. A lot. I had been thinking of him a lot recently and a part of me couldn't let it go.

I was at some club, in London, I was dancing with my friends, drinking, having a good time. I saw this man across the room, and he just took my breath away, he looked familiar to me, but his eyes never left mine, not for a second. Every time I looked at him, he was just staring at me and I was taken aback. I couldn't really explain the feeling. He had short, orange hair, skinny, tall guy, really attractive. He looked familiar to me, but I didn't know him, but in a way, I felt like I kind of did.

I saw some girls approaching him and I looked away, I knew it was probably just a stupid thing to think about. Me? Have a boyfriend? Nah. It just never turned out that way, maybe it was a reason. Maybe I was meant to be destined for someone else. I went out the club, I have a cigarette and I just look around, I was kind of drunk anyway and my friends wanted to leave, but I stayed and just enjoyed it, saying I would catch them up in a while. "Beautiful night." I heard, I turn around and it was him.

"Yeah. Yeah, it is." I just smile a little as he lit his own cigarette and he just watched me, leaning against the wall. "Are you okay?" I look back at him and he just laughs. "I'm just a bit surprised." His eyes glancing me up and down, and it made me shiver. "Surprised about what?" I turn and I look at his eyes. His eyes. I knew them. I knew I'd seen them before. "You.. you can't be. No." I remembered. Jareth. The labyrinth. I knew it was real.

"Hello, y/n." He just watched me and my face dropped, I couldn't believe it. He was actually here. He was stood in front of me. "You've changed." I look at his hair, he looked normal. "Well, I had to fit in. And anyway, it's not like I've changed too much. I haven't aged that much and well, I'm still Jareth." He chuckled. "You have no idea what I'm thinking right now." I look away and I just take a minute. This is crazy. I have to get out of here.

"Not so fast." He grabbed my arm and he looked into my eyes, "Why? Why are you here?" I frown, and his eyes soften. "Because I missed you. And let me say, you are a vision. So beautiful." He looked me up and down. "You need to go back. Now. Don't you dare do this. It's done. We're done." I shove him back, and I just start to walk down the street. "We're meant to be together, y/n. I know you love me." He called out, damn it. Why was he so right? About everything?

"Why did you wait this long?" I look back at him and he pulled me back into his arms. "I needed time. I needed to know it was what you wanted to." He sighed deeply. "I wanted you since I stepped foot in the labyrinth. Since I met you. Since you took my brother." I sighed, I couldn't fight it anymore. "See? I told you, you just needed time to figure it out." He ran his hand through my hair.

"Hey! Leave her alone, you creep." Some random guy shoved Jareth away, but I grab onto his arm. "Don't touch him. What the fuck?" I glare, the guy looked surprised. "You touch my boyfriend again and we will have problems." I frown, and the guy just apologised and he leaves. "Boyfriend?" Jareth chuckled and I roll my eyes. "Asshole."

"Come back with me. I have an apartment close by." He grabbed my hand and I smile. "Why? So you can fuck me?" I joked, and he rolled his eyes. "I might be a man with needs, but I wouldn't ever force you into sex." He kissed my cheek (gentlemen take notes!) I just smile and I wrap my arm around him, "Fine."

(Part 2? Jareth's Apartment tour anyone?!)