Chapter 49

Draco's POV

I tried to run to her, seeing her injured like she was, triggered me into wanting defending her. I needed to make sure she was safe. However Snape's strong grip stopped me. I tried to struggle away from him, but he was stronger, and before I could even blink, I was already back home. Collapsing on the floor in my room, I allowed myself to cry. I could only pray that Jasmine was ok because it would be a long time until I went back to Hogwarts. Probably next year. For now, I could only comfort myself with the thought of our last kiss. That memory was going to be the only thing that was going to keep me going. I needed to see her again, and I was going to keep moving until I could. And only then would I allow myself to breakdown properly.

Jasmine's POV

Tiredly, I opened my eyes, and was greeted by a concerned face that belonged to Madame Pomphrey. Fully awake now, I jolted back in surprise. What had happened? Why was in here? Seeing my alarmed face, Madame Pomfrey set began to hush me, telling me I was ok, that I was safe now. But that only made me panic more. I felt my chest tighten, as had a hand gripped tightly around my throat, stopping me from being able to breathe. Shutting my eyes, I tightly huddled myself into a small ball and rocked myself back and forth. Why couldn't I remember? And then suddenly it hit me. Draco's crestfallen face flashed before my eyes, the only image that I had left of him, possibly for the last one...ever...

The thought of it maybe being the last time I could ever see made my head swim, making me feel lightheaded. I could feel Madame Pomfrey desperately trying to pry my hands from my head. But I refused, just holding on tighter. If I just got past this, I would finally wake up from this nightmare and I would be back with Draco. My Draco. Feeling the familiar, warm darkness creep upon the edges of my vision, I allowed it to take me back into the only land that gave me peace.