31

Janette POV

We heard what happened to Dee and we're at the hospital right now. We went to her room and John blamed himself again.

"Dad it's not your fault."

"I should have known better."

"There's nothing you can do about it. It's enough that you're here."

"I love you Dee."

"I love you too dad."

"By the way. Dee I saw someone who looks exactly like you."

"What? Where?"

"At the venue. I think she's part of the band."

"I think you should avoid her dad. She's kind of crazy."

"John I can talk with Dee alone?" I cut in. "I want to talk to her as a mother maybe she'll open up." I wispered to him.

He nodded. "Okay. I'll leave you girls alone." He kissed her forehead and hugged me. "Thank you." He wispered to me.

"What do you want to talk?" She asked.

"Dee can you tell me what happened?"

"I think I worked myself out that's why I faint."

"I mean can you tell me about your life?"

"We live together since you married dad."

"I know you're living a double life."

"What?"

Idina POV

How did she know?

"What are you talking about?"

"I know you're a perfect daughter. You are so perfect that I started to worry. I looked in your room and found your stuff. I went to your school and found out that you're keeping a low profile. Yes you're a top student but no one knew your real family background. I thought you did that because you want to prove everyone that you are good even without any connections. Then I found out your singing gig. I've never seen you that happy. You were so free and true to yourself. You took off the mask that you've been wearing for so long. I'm happy seeing you smile and having fun so I just let you do it. I waited for you until you're ready."

"Why didn't you tell me you knew."

"I don't want you to quit. And I'm not your mother to tell you what to do. You never really accepted me as your mother."

"I'm sorry."

"It's okay Dee. I don't want to replace your mother. She'll always be your mother."

"I do want you to be my mom. I'm just scared that if I let you in you'll gonna leave me like she did. I don't want you to leave cause It'll hurt not just me but dad too. I saw how broken he was when mom left."

She hugged me. I feel lighter with her being around and being a mom to me.

"I promise I'll be here. If ever I'm going to leave I will tell you so we can bid each other goodbye."

"You mean it?"

"Yes. I love you." She kissed my forehead.

"I love you too mom."

She smiled. "Thanks for finally calling me mom."