Chapter 1

At 45,000 feet in the air in the western hemisphere, an aircruiser was in the sky as it passed through the clouds. The aircraft itself weighed 80,000 tons, was 332 metres long and 64.8 metres wide. The bottom of the airship contained 12 bouyant floats that were 68 feet wide in diameter, 8 propellers located on both sides of the aircraft and 16 jet engines. Above the airship, laid a laminated, transparent casing allowed the solar panels to be seen while preventing from getting damage in case of a stormy weather. The plexi glass windows were lightly tinted to reduce the exposure from the UV rays of the sun for prolonged hours. Inside the aircruiser, there was a pilot sitting on the cockpit with his boots hanging in the air, cross-legged while he had his gloved hands behind his back. His sunglasses looking at the sky that was in front of him. His co-worker walking down the corridor while she carried paper bags in one hand and a plastic cup holders which carried two sodas while the remaining four were empty as she entered to the cockpit.

"Morning, Clyde!" The co-pilot greeted him with a smile on her face as she walked to reach her seat.
"Mornin' Bonnie." The pilot greeted back before his coworker gave him the paper bag and soda. "Well helloooooh WENDY!" He wiggled his fingers before he reached in to pull a hamburger from his bag and took a bite and munched on his morning snack.
"Enjoy your meal Clyde, just don't let the boss catch you eating in here." Bonnie warned him while she grabbed her meal while he slurped on his soda. "See you later!" Then she walked out of the cockpit.
"Mmm... later babe!" Clyde said before he resumed eating. Above the cockpit, two fingers opened the shutters of the window as two brown eyes glared at the pilot, scarfing down next to the control panels.
Just as I thought... She removed her aged fingers from the shutters and pressed a button to activate the microphone and pressed another to direct it to the cockpit. "CLYDE! WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!?!?!?" The pilot spat out his soda, droplets of soda landing on the control panels as he heard his superior yell. "MEET ME IN MY OFFICE THIS INSTANT!" Clyde dashed out of his seat, running with the paper bag and soda.

By the time he entered into the office, he had already thrown out the meal Bonnie paid for. Clyde slowly opened the door as he saw his superior facing the shutter with her hands behind her back, her calloused hands balled into fists. He could already tell that she was furious by the gesture alone, and she hadn't even turned to face him yet. He saw her white uniform and her grey wavy hair, berely reaching her shoulders.

"Do you know why I called you here?" She asked in an authoritive tone, maintaining her composure.
"Uhhh..." Clyde lifted a finger, but before he could let out a word, she cut him off.
"Just as I thought, you have no idea why I called you here do you?" She inquired in a neutral tone.
"But-"
"Tell me Clyde. What would've happened if you accidentally spilled your drink on the control panels? What would've happened if you lost control of the ship?" Clyde witnessed how with each passing question his superior made as her neutral tone slowly turned into an infuriated one. "What would've happened to the passengers on board if you couldn't revert the damage in time? What would've happened to the lives of these passengers if you weren't able to stop the airship from falling? What do you have to say for yourself for the lives that could've been lost, Clyde?"

The pilot lowered his hand as he exhaled a defeated "oh."

"Exactly." The elderly captain of the aircruise cocked her head to the side as she glared at the pilot from the corner of her eye. "And all of this would be avoided if you would just move your lazy carcuss out of the control room and leave the aircraft on autopilot to go eat your lunch." His superior fully faced him as he glared at the pilot. "NOW PAY ATTENTION!" She slammed her aged calloused hands against her stainless steel desk. "The safety of these passengers takes priority! One more slip up from you and you're FIRED!!! NOW GET BACK TO YOUR POST!"

Bonnie walked down the corridor while she digested her meal. Mmm... That veggie burger really hit the spot. I wonder how the rest of the crew are doing? Just as she was walking down she spotted John and Mike. "Hey guys!" She greeted along with a wave of a hand.

"Hey, Bonnie!" They said nearly in sync while they headed to their respective jobs. John worked on maintenance while Mike worked at the reception. Not far from Bonnie was heading, she spotted another coworker mopping the floor, he was wearing a khaki cap and jumpsuit as he whistled. When he looked up, he spotted her, then whistled.

"Hey, Bonnie." He responded melodiously.
"Yo, Doug!" Bonnie greeted before she snapped her fingers rhythmically, then pointed at him before Doug held mopstick like an air guitar. He then resumed mopping and whistling.

Bonnie arrived to the engine room, and she saw the door slightly opened as she heard whining coming from inside.
"I can't believe I studied mechanic engineering and aeronautic engineering for this dump!" A guttural contralto voice shouted.
"Oh come on, is not that bad." Another feminine voice responded.
"Are you kidding?" Bonnie peaked her head inside the engine room before the contralto voice could elaborate any further.
"Hey guys, what's up?" Bonnie greeted to the two feminine voices.
"Hey Bonnie!" Electra greeted back.
"What do you want now?!" Ember snapped.
"Come on Ember. Aren't you glad to see me?" Bonnie asked sweetly.
"Nope." She responded in her guttural tone before lighting a cigarette.
"Ignore her. And guess what? Clyde got busted again, two seconds flat!" Electra informed her in her chipper tone and dimpled smile.
"I warned him." The copilot stated.
"I don't blame him. That woman is like a HAWK! She caught me smoking in the boiler oom the other day and took all of my cigarettes. I swear, this is the only place in the airship that doesn't have security cameras." Ember ranted as she smoked.
"Tell me about it. She almost caught me texting in the power grid yesterday. Luckily she didn't see my phone. Out of the rest of the crew who doesn't get caught by the boss is you, Doug and Gail." Ember replied before Bonnie rubbed her chin with her gloved hand.
"Come to think of it, I haven't seen her today. Have you guys seen her this morning?" The copilot inquired.
"Not really." Electra said.
"Beats me." Ember shrugged while she held the cigarette between her fingers.

In the lobby, a pair of green eyes darted across the room to find her friend while she hid behind a bellhop luggage cart. Where is she? Gail squinted before she spotted her friend's purple hair among the passengers. "Bingo! There she is." The purple haired girl looked around the lobby before she heard someone shout her name. "Blair!" She turned around before she beamed at the sight of her.

"Gail!"
"Surprized to see me?" Gail quipped with a smug face.
"What are you doing here?"
"I work here, silly!"
"No way! Really?!"
"Yeah! Let me give you a hand, it's the least I can do." Gail grabbed Blair's luggage.
"So, how long have you been working here?" Blair asked while they were heading to the reception.
"Not much, just a few months." Gail responded. The redhead grabbed Blair's other luggage before she dragged it to the luggage cart. "Great, the cart is full." Gail grumbled at the luggage cart while Blair oaid for her ticket.
"Your room key." A male reception passed the room key to the purple haired girl.
"Thank you."

Gail dragged the luggage before she heard the dangling of the keys. "Cool, so what room did he give you?"
"Room 220." Blair showed the room number on the card of the keys.
"Not bad. And after I help you unpack, I'll give you a free tour around the airship. I'll eveb show you where I work." Gail offered.
"Sure, I'll go get my purse." Blair opened the zipper of her luggage to pick her cherry apple purse with golden chains and slunked it around her right arm. "Ready."
"That's the spirit! Now let's go!" Gail said before they sprinted out of the lobby.