2

I ran so fast I almost slid right passed the door of my class. When I walked in the room breathless, every seat was taken except one, I clinched my fists, I would stand here all day before I was HIS lab partner. The only seat open was beside Montgomery De La Cruz. I took a deep breath and got myself together before anyone else could see my reaction.

He smirked at me. I finally sat next to him, I was not happy about this. 

Hannah Baker sat at the table next to me giggling. Jessica and Justin sat at the table in front of her, giggling. I low key flipped them off. 

"Y'll are jerks" I whispered to them. Justin threw his hands up and laughed. Jess shrugging her shoulders. 

"Don't kill him" Hannah whispered and giggled. I rolled my eyes. Her boyfriend Clay silently laughing. I grabbed my books out of my bag and tried to ignore the pair of eyes that were starting at me. But I couldn't, i could just feel his stare

"Why are you looking at me Monty?" I asked not looking away from my paper that I was about to write on. 

"Why do you hate me?" He asked, for the first time ever, sweet as could be. I turned and his brown eyes caught me off guard, and that damn smile. 
I stammered over my words.

"Bbbbecause you're a bully Monty" I quickly looked away. I wasn't getting lost in those brown eyes. He huffed and smiled a little. He leaned in close to me.

"We're stuck together for the rest of the year" he whispered in my ear. I shivered, his hot breath across my neck. Oh no! No! Goosebumps.  I could feel my face getting red. He's terrible I told myself. Don't fall for it. I shook off the feeling, I pulled my hair over my left shoulder to hide my face.

*DING* my phone went off,
Justin-"somebody likes Monty"
Me: "shut the fuck up Justin." i texted him back as i rolled my eyes at him, my best friend is a dick.I thought, I stuck my tongue out at him. He smiled and stuck his out at me.

*Ding*
Justin- *He's looking at you. He is smiling too.*
I just rolled my eyes.

I ignored him and shoved my phone back in my pocket.

I tolerated the rest of class, feeling Monty's eyes on me from time to time. I told myself to just not look at him. I was not letting myself crush on him again. Not after freshman year. I did have to admit, he looked so good today, with that grey t shirt under a flannel shirt. His jeans hugging his hips just right. I started to bite my lip. I watched him out of the corner of my eye, writing on his paper the notes that were on the board. He looked over at me and I was hoping that he didn't catch me starring at him, i could feel him leaning toward me

"If you keep biting your lip its gonna bleed" He whispered. 

I hadn't realized i was biting my lip still. I quickly stopped and he smirked. I tossed my hair back over my shoulder so he could see my face. He took a deep breath and smirked. I swear he scooted his leg over purposely to touch my leg. I just kind of smiled and shook my head. I still hated him, but maybe Monty wasn't so bad after all. I mean it was just one class that i had to sit with him in. It wasn't like i had to be by his side everyday. Just then he scooted his foot behind the leg of my chair, and with one swift motion he scooted me closer to him, i was shocked, he looked over at me and smiled that damn smile that i always loved, even tho he pissed me off, that smile always melted me. I looked over at the tables next to me. Hannah, Clay, Justin and Jess all looking at me with their mouths wide open. I shrugged my shoulders at them. Again it was only one class, and maybe flirting with Monty in this one class wouldn't be so bad. 

Before class ended it happened. This is when Monty would change my life forever.

"Class before we leave, your science fair  projects are coming up, so i need you to get with your partner after school or during school to discuss and finish your projects" I felt my soul leave my body. Everyone did this on purpose i was convinced.