10

Monty and I have been dating for a year now. In this year Monty turned 18 and moved out on his own. My mom allows me to go stay with him sometimes as long as I stay in school. We're still not engaged yet, still got the promise ring. Monty's dad doesn't speak to us, he believes I'm to good for his son. I explained how much I love his son but he just drank his beer and ignored me. Monty works at Monet's on the weekends and I work at Rosie's on the weekends. Bryce let him move into one of his dads rentals but Monty doesn't pay rent. Life is so good.

It's the start of senior year. It's baseball season and I'm sitting here watching him and the team practice. I see him with that devious smile, his hat backwards and every now and then spitting at nothing. I shake my head and smile. I go back to writing in my book. I was so exhausted. I pressed my thumb and forefinger against my forehead, a headache was starting to form. I kept writing. Not paying attention to my surroundings.

"Hey pretty girl" I heard a voice say next to me. I jumped slightly and looked up and it was Alex.
"Hey bae" I said moving my back pack so he could sit down. He plopped his bag down first
"Whatcha doin?" He asked sitting down
"Ah ya know typical jock girlfriend thing. Waiting." He laughed. I laughed. He looked at me for a minute. I went back to writing. Sliding my sunglasses on to prevent an even worse headache. Headaches were more frequent now a days. So were belly aches and sometimes puking after I ate at any hour of the day. Alex kept looking at me, trying to figure me out.
"What is it standalll?" I asked not looking away this time.
"Are you ok?" He asked. I looked at him acting like I was confused
"Yea why?"
He shook his head "no reason you just look different" he said. I slightly smiled.
"It's called being happy Alex" I spat.
"Wow Monty de la Cruz makes someone happy" we both laughed.
"He makes me very happy. I can't explain it. A year ago I couldn't stand the ground he walked on, now I worship the ground he walks on" I watched as the team ran to the dug out. My boyfriend just as beautiful as ever. Monty waved at me.I waved back.
I sighed loudly. Putting all my stuff in my back pack.
"What's wrong?" Alex asked. I sat for a minute debating on telling him what was really going on. Then I spoke, knowing I had to tell someone
"I'm pregnant Alex" his eyes were shocked. I searched them for any sign of judgment but there was none.
"Wh-" he was stunned "ho-how far along?" He stuttered surprised
"12 weeks" I said looking down at my hands "I haven't told Monty yet. I'm afraid" tears brimmed my eyes. He put his arm around me.
"It will be ok when did you find out?"he pulled me into him and the tears streamed down my face. I wiped them away.
"Yesterday." I wiped my nose with the sleeve of Monty's jacket. Alex squeezed my shoulder assuring me everything was fine.

"Hey guys" I heard a familiar voice say. I quickly wiped my face and stood up to see my boyfriend.
"Hey baby" I kissed his cheek. He frowned a little
"You ok?" He asked
"Yea, I'm just stressed" I said "I'll go get the jeep" I said grabbing the keys from his hands and skipped off. He stood there stunned.
"Heyyyy" Bryce said putting up his hand to give me a five, I walked right passed him ignoring him, he stopped, looking at Monty and Alex. He pointed at me and Monty shrugged.
"Is she ok?" Monty asked Alex
"She's fine just stressed" Alex lied for me. Monty knew he was lieing. "Come on I'll walk with you to the jeep" Alex said to Monty pushing him toward the parking lot. Monty was now concerned. He shrugged and walked with Alex

I trudged to the jeep. My back pack on one shoulder. I was crying. I had to tell Monty soon. If I don't I'm sure he will see it soon. I walked and my stomach rolled. Damn. Not now. I haven't eaten anything. I kept walking. Finally I reached the jeep and hopped up in it. I moved the seat to reach the pedals, I started it, my stomach rolled again. I took a deep breath and swallowed. I drove the jeep to the front of the school where Monty and Alex waited for me. I pulled up to them and it hit me. I slammed on the breaks, causing the tires to screech, I slung the driver door open and began hurling, unable to stop it.