Daily Battles

Kayla Grey stood with the men here. She was used to being out numbered with the male populace when she came to help fight. They heard the sounds inside starting to die as most had left. They were on the north side of the building and the world was silent. Just a dark grey and black. It was hard to see but not impossible. This weather would give the demons the upper hand.

She glanced at the one named Savon. He set off her alarms instantly only because he was different. He wasn't a normal human, but she'd seen that Drake trusted him enough to leave him behind to help the others. That said a lot.

Drake was well known for leading this group. Out of all the rebel groups his had lost the least amount of lives over the past twenty some years. Less than the others, she wondered about this man that she'd heard rumors about.

He was an imposing figure, she didn't think that he'd moved since they'd come out here. He was a statue, his eyes... they sent a shiver down your spine. They were an emerald green with a dark ring around the outside and seemed to glow. He held himself with ease, and a very "fuck off" attitude. He turned his head and looked at her. 

"Can I help you with something?" He said to her, no emotion on his face at the moment. His tone wasn't friendly either, okay then. Clearly an attitude.

"No, I'm fine why?" She asked. That seemed out of the blue.

"Staring isn't polite." He answered, his tone was deeper. Eerie sounding. Not quite the same as when he'd been inside. Clearly he was one to speak his mind.

"I wasn't staring." She said. He looked at her for a moment and she almost wanted to take a step back but didn't.

"Lying isn't a very becoming thing."

"I didn't mean to stare." She said correcting herself.

"Better." She felt annoyed at his tone. Like he was dealing with a peasant or something.

"Neither is being rude." She commented. There was a slight sound not far away and they all pulled their weapons. She saw the small smirk on his face like he found something humorous. She decided right there that she didn't like this man.

"Two there." He said in barely a whisper. "Three straight ahead." There was a rush of wind as something passed over head. They all moved and waited taking cover. Above them was going to be the problem.

The fist attack came from straight ahead and it was Cameron that went at it with the grotesque looking creature. It looked like a malformed human with horrible blemishes all over its skin. There was no flesh over the teeth. Just jagged things to look at with black eyes. It was completely hairless, it moved fast and had knife like claws.

After that it was a flurry of movement as the others came in and attacked. Savon watched the shadows waiting for when the demon would appear. He saw it after a few minutes moving fast along the building. It looked like liquid to the naked eye, but to him it looked like a solid silhouette running there.

He cut it off before it could get Todd in the back. It hissed, red eyes glowing in anger. It wouldn't have gotten Todd right away. It would have to wear down the amulet he wore, but eventually it would get to him. Right now it had to deal with Savon. Someone it couldn't sneak attack over and over.

It came at him fast, faster than any human could possibly move. Savon was far better than this thing. He was quicker than the shadow demon and brought one blade down swiping it across the thing's back. It let out a screech and when it bent back slightly from the pain. Savon got it in the neck, hitting hard and taking it's head. His weapons special to cut the shadow demon.

It was satisfying killing it, but he didn't let the euphoria of it get to him. He dropped to the ground as claws raked where he'd been. The flying demon aiming for him. It was brown in color with two wings, a long slender body and tail. It had claw like hands up front and solid hind legs that could cause just as much damage as the front. It's teeth hooked over both the top and bottom jaw.