Ch 3:1

Crystal felt as if another day had gone wasted on nothing but fruitless training. Jasmine was with her, as usual, reading a book under a tree. Today they were working in the castle courtyard, but Jasmine decided that only her presence was necessary.

Then suddenly, finally, she felt something. Jasmine had tapped her shoulder." Are you getting any better?" Jasmine asked. Crystal slapped her hand away and scoffed." What do you think?" Jasmine raised her hands in mock surrender and back away." Well, if we aren't getting anywhere today, I have something to do," Jasmine said.
"And what could that be?"
Crystal turned to face the newcomer. She felt her blood run cold. Jasmine walked over to Maxwell with a friendly smile. Crystal struggled to find words." You, the scientist! Where were you?" Crystal demanded. Maxwell shoved past Jasmine to get closer." That is none of your concern, Princess. But if you must know, I was injured in an accident," Maxwell responded in her usual tone.
"Then, I'm sure you notified my Daddy before meeting your girlfriend, yes?"
"Yes," Maxwell said after a pause," Now if you're done with this useless practice, I will be taking... Taking Jasmine."

Crystal watched the two women slowly walk out of the castle walls. Then she went back inside. After climbing the stairs and going in her room, Crystal could still see the two. Oddly, they seem to be heading into the forest. Crystal shrugged it off and found a book off her shelf to read.

Normally, she wouldn't bother with books or studying. To her, it was useless and boring. But now, she had found herself going back to what Iowa had said previously." Who is Death," Crystal mumbled as she flipped through a monster encyclopedia. It had barely occurred to her that the book was in fact a real book instead of something for outcasts to obsess over.

It didn't take long to find the page, monster names starting with "d" were close to the beginning of the book. Death was listed as some form of a god. He was the one to make life limited and was punished because of it. This punishment was to list each and every soul who perished and for his offspring to bring the souls to him. On top of this, he could never touch anything that was ever alive. "So one of Death's kids took Iowa's soul, right," Crystal mumbled before looking for the page dedicated to them.
In the middle of this, Lolli knocked on Crystal's open door." Hi Crystal! What are you reading?" Lolli asked while hopping onto the bed next to Crystal. Crystal flinched and instinctively closed the book.
"Books are so boring, aren't they? Unless they have pictures, you know?"
Crystal sighed and opened the book back up.
"So, tell me what it is!" Lolli sat up to look over Crystal's shoulder," oh, are you looking for those reaper guys?"
"Yes, Lolli, I am," Crystal finally responded.
"Oh, did you decide to help Iowa then?"
"No, not yet. I'm just looking up what he was talking about."
"Oh, that's okay too!"
After Lolli had gone quiet, Crystal began reading the reaper section of the book. Lolli read aloud over her shoulder.