Ch 3:3

Crystal's eyes rolled back to look at her kidnapper. He was already looking at her, smiling in a way that seemed calming. His eyes had strangely shaped pupils that seemed familiar. They were disfigured in a way that they were x-shaped. He had white hair that framed his face with three bangs. If she wasn't terrified, she would consider the man handsome. Just as Crystal was about to start struggling, the man let her go. She fell to the ground and was able to get a proper look at him." I'm sorry, but I noticed that you were about to shout. I didn't want you to alert anyone else to my presence," the man spoke with a hushed voice. Crystal found even this attractive." Now, who may you be, Miss?"
"How about you tell me who you are first!" Crystal snapped. The man's mouth twitched upwards before he spoke again," alright then. My name is Marcus. Now may I know yours?"
"My name is Crystal and I'm the princess of this fucking kingdom! And you're going to be in huge trouble right about now!" She then thrusted her hands into Marcus's chest, praying to anyone who would listen for something to happen. For her powers to activate. At the same time, she had shut her eyes, not wanting to see her failure.
"My my, Princess! Your hands are glowing!" Marcus mused, grabbing her wrists. Crystal watched helplessly as he raised her hands as high as they could go without taking the rest of her with them." What were you planning on doing?" Marcus asked. Crystal found herself unable to answer. She knew nothing about this man except...

Crystal remembered why his eyes looked familiar." You're a reaper, why didn't you burn?" Crystal stammered," my powers should hurt you!" Marcus's smile seemed to turn sinister.
"What made you jump to that conclusion?" He asked.
"I recognize your eyes! You're a reaper demon!"
"You must be mistaken, Princess. I'm no demon. But I am hurt that you tried to burn me. You saints are all the same, really. You have no cares for anyone underneath you," Marcus mumbled and began to fidget with the scarf wrapped around his neck. It was similar to the color of his eyes. With this motion, Marcus's grip and Crystal had loosened. She used this to her advantage and ran.

As she did so, Crystal looked back to see if she was being chased. Instead, Marcus was waving at her without ever trying to get her. She ignored it, although the motion did scare her. Eventually, Crystal ran into a clearing that lead back to the village. But by then, her adrenaline rush had vanished and she was exhausted. She could tell her castle was far away too. Even though she was terrified, she couldn't have possibly ran that far.

Crystal rested inside of a nearby cafe. She explained to a waiter that she had no money. Luckily for her, they seemed content serving royalty, even if it was for free." This will do wonders for our image!" The manager explained. Crystal shrugged it off and sipped on a glass of something similar to lemonade.