Until The Day I Die [Chapter 5]

When Scar had come outside to look for Brigette, she hid behind the back walls of the hideout. Luckily, he did not think to come to look for her. Brigette wiped the sweat off her forehead and took in a deep breathe.

        "Thank goodness he's-" Brigette began to say to her self, but was startled by the loud howling.

        Brigette spun around and saw no one around her. She was puzzled where the howling was coming from, but she could tell it was close by. She began to panic in her mind, but physically remained calm.

        "Where is that coming from?"

        Brigette quickly ran into the opposite side of the forest, running as far as away from the noise as possible. She was afraid she would run into the creature making it.

        As Brigette was running, there were fewer trees appearing. She was exiting the forest and entering an unknown area. She looked around to find a large lake. The water was reflecting the sun that was slowly beginning to come up. Brigette took out her cell phone to check the time. It read 5:47 A.M.

        "Ugh… where am I?" Brigette whined.

        Brigette walked over to the lake and sat down on the grass. She watched as the water moved across the lake, making light splashing noises. Brigette found the sounds to be relaxing, so she laid on her back and stared at the sky. She slowly began to fall asleep. She had been caught up in so many events that she did not have the time to sit down and realize how tired she had gotten.

        Minutes went by, and Brigette was soon asleep. For over an hour, she laid in fetal position in the lake. She was in such a deep sleep, she wouldn't move. Not even the light splashes from the lake disturbed her.

        Once the sun completely came up, there was a loud noise that came from the opposite side of the lake. It was so loud that it shook Brigette, and she jolted up from her sleep.

        "Not again," Brigette whined.

        Brigette shot up to her feet and tried to see where the sound came from. She looked across the lake to find two men fighting. She was finally getting used to witnessing the violence, and waited for one of the men to be sent flying into the lake.

        From Brigette's spot, all she could hear was yelling, but no words could be made out clearly. She turned to run away, and accidentally bumped into a shorter person.

        "Ouch! Oh, I'm really sorry. I was just found the lake, and then that all happened, and I was trying to run away, and-" Brigette quickly said, but the girl interrupted her.

        "I get it. You got scared. You should get out of here," a familiar voice answered. Brigette's heart sank into her chest.

        Brigette looked down to see violet eyes staring back at her. The girl had short, black hair tied up in a ponytail with bangs falling against her forehead to compliment her facial shape.

        "Hello? Didn't you hear me, Goldilocks? Get out of here!" Ronnie shouted in Brigette's face.

        "Alright. Alright. I'm leaving now," Brigette answered.

        Brigette walked towards the path she originally took to get to the lake when she heard a loud splash. She spun around in her place to see a man drowning in the water. All that could be seen was the man's arms waving above the water, trying to attempt swimming. However, the man didn't succeed. His arms soon sank under the water, never to come up again.