Until The Day I Die [Chapter 6]

"D, watch what the hell you are doing," Ronnie screamed.

        Ronnie darted over to Death and pulled him back before he could use his knife. Death shot around and shot Ronnie a nasty look. He continued to hold the knife tightly in his hand.

        "Why did you do that?" Death demanded.

        "You can't just go stabbing things you think you see behind trees. I'm starting to think you're hallucinating quite a bit," Ronnie stated.

        Death glared at her and slowly put his knife away. He frowned and turned to look back at the trees.

        "I'm not hallucinating. I swear to God, there's someone there," Death insisted.

        Brigette was now standing behind the tree with her entire body out of view. She kept her hands close to her sides and breathed slowly to avoid making any noises.

        "Since when did you believe in God, Mr. Death?" Ronnie snickered as she started to pace behind Death.

        "I never said I didn't," Death mumbled.

        "Well, you obviously don't follow his ways."

        "Obviously."

        Death continued to stare at the tree which Brigette stood by. He squinted his eyes, sensing a presence there. He looked at Ronnie, who was currently pacing the opposite direction of him. He smiled, turned back and quickly stabbed the side of the tree, making Brigette jump.

She whined, knowing she had been caught.

        "You shouldn't be out here," Death said in a voice far more different than he had just used with Ronnie. It sounded evil.

        Brigette bit her lip and yanked on her hair to let out some of her frustration, but it didn't work. She slowly turned around to be face to face with Death.

        "D, what are you doing?" Ronnie yelled from the point to where she paced.

        Death ignored Ronnie, and continued to watch Brigette closely. When she turned around, they made immediate eye contact. For a moment, Brigette relaxed herself. Although Death was an infamous serial killer, his soft gray eyes said differently about him. When Brigette looked into his eyes, she saw a normal human being; someone with normal feelings.

         "Dammit, why aren't you listening to me," Ronnie demanded.

        Ronnie ran up behind Death and slapped him in the side to get his attention. Without breaking eye contact with Brigette, he answered her.

        "I told you," Death answered.

        "What are you talking-" Ronnie began to say until she jumped back due to being startled.

        "When did she get there? I told her to leave!" Ronnie hissed.

        Brigette snapped back into reality when Ronnie's voice pierced her eardrums. She twitched, and quickly looked at Ronnie so she could open her mouth to speak.

        "Goldilocks, you're dead," Ronnie said, frowning.

        Brigette took in a deep breathe and took in enough courage to snap back at Ronnie with a good comeback.

        "Obviously not," Brigette stated, nearly choking on her own words.

        "Obviously, you've never seen this boy in person. You don't know what he's capable of," Ronnie insisted.