A bit more Pt. 2

CONTAINS SPOILERS FOR "Star Wars: The Last Jedi"

"I thought I'd find answers here. I was wrong."
He had been the first thing that had come to her mind after going out of that cave. The thought of him being the only person that would listen to her and understand her: somehow it had managed to ease her disappointment a little bit.
Just as she had entered the hut and sat down, the bond had already opened completely, him ready to listen to her (this time fully dressed), for he had sensed her turmoil even before the bond had opened.

"I'd never felt so alone."
Despite all those years spent on Jakku, surrounded by sand, thieves and other scavengers, what she was saying was true. Seeing herself over and over and over, yet not being able to understand who she was, nor her origins... the feeling was overwhelming.
"You're not alone."
She lifted her eyes to look at him: he was sitting in front of her, still, his gaze fixed on her; his face was unexpressive, yet she could see something in his eyes—sentiment?—that she had never seen so clearly before.
"Neither are you." She answered, the sound of her words accompanied by the ticking of the rain on the hut's roof.
"It isn't too late."
He didn't answer, but his breath became visibly quicker. In a leap of faith (in him and in the Force), she started lifting her hand, stretching it towards him.
He didn't do anything for a couple of seconds, and she started regretting her decision. Just as she was about to put her hand down and apologize, he moved a hand to remove his right glove, and started doing the same as her.
Seconds passed, and their hesitant fingers became more and more close. Was that even going to work? She had no idea.

Honestly, she was expecting their fingers to pass through each other, that's why she felt so surprised when their fingertips touched.
She barely had the time to process it and something else happened: her vision started to change. The scenery around her shifted, and soon she found herself on a beautiful planet: she was surrounded by nature, and she could have sworn to see water in the distance—a lake, maybe? She looked around for a few seconds and realised that, even though se was now standing, she wasn't able to move.
Her gaze got captured by two figures standing a few meters away: a man and a woman, close to each other, holding hands... it was them!
She—well, the other her—was wearing an outfit similar to her usual one, but part of it was grey, for some reason; the same went for the young Solo, who was wearing grey-ish robes as well.
They turned around to look at each other: he laughed and started caressing her face. (Her real self blushed at that). They started leaning toward each other...

It all lasted for a second. She felt shocked, and judging by the look on his face, he was, too. Had he seen the same thing?!
She saw him taking a deep breath, their hands still touching, and slowly felt his whole hand take hers in a soft grip.
His other hand went on whatever he was sitting on, pushing him up so that he could stand. He gave her hand a gentle pull, helping her doing the same thing.
He took a shaky breath and embraced her. Now that was shocking. His right hand was still clasping hers, his left one kept her head against his chest, so close that she could hear his accelerated heartbeat.
They stayed still, enjoying the moment.
"It isn't too late." She repeated, mostly to herself, as she thought about the vision.

As fast as it all started, they split and the bond ended as the hut got destroyed by their former master.

'Sup, guys, gals and non binary pals? I hope you've enjoyed this one. Sorry if it was too short. Feel free to leave a comment if you have any advice/questions/etc. I also hope you liked my little reference to the Grey Jedi ;)
I think there are going to be two more parts: the elevator one and the throne room one, after those I'll try to come up with something new.
See you next time!
Remember: there's no Dark Side, nor a Light Side, there is only the Force.