[five]

Lianna POV

"Yes, Hinesfield I like you to,"  It felt so good just to say it, there was a weight instantly lifted, I took a deep breath as I watched her eyes light up. She blushed and looked away smiling, I had the same feeling when she said she liked me.

"So do you want to do something together?" She said looking back up.

"Yeah," I said giving her a smile.

"Cool, what?" She asked standing up.

"Surprise me?" I said looking up at her.

"Okay," she nodded her head and smiled, "I have the perfect idea. Saturday, I'll text you when and what kind of thing to wear."

"Okay," I chuckled at her excitement as she got out her phone and started typing.

"I'll see you in Latin," she said as she started to walk away.

"Bye."

(Time skip)

That night I got a text from her 6 o'clock and to wear something cute. That was it. I smiled and chucked my phone on my bed waiting for Saturday.

That week went slowly but all I could think about was seeing her on Saturday, everyday went slower and slower until it was Friday last period. I walked into Latin and sat in my usual seat at the back, I looked over to where Emery sits and I saw a new girl turning back talking to her and touching her arm. I am lucky because Emery looked incredibly uncomfortable, then she looked back at me and gave me a look, it was a mix between 'hey' and 'save me' I laughed as the girl was trying to get her attention back on her but was furious when she was still looking at me, but soon enough class started and the girl turned around.

I kind of daydreamed for most of that class but I managed to snap out of it just in time for our assignment. Well the only bit I heard was pick your own partner's.

"Hey, Carter. Partners?" I looked up to see Emery turned round in her seat calling over to me.

"Yeah Hinesfield," I called back smiling.

After a while everyone had a partner except one girl, the new girl or Mia I should call her.

"Miss, I don't have a partner," she said raising her hand.

"Just join a group," the teacher said not looking up.

"Okay," she said turning around again to Emery. "You heard her, partner," she smiled then glared at me, almost challenging me.

Challenge accepted I thought to myself smirking.

(Time skip)

It was Saturday afternoon and Emery would be here in like 4 hours, so I got in the shower and let my hair sit while I picked out what to wear. I don't really have a style I just wear what I feel like so I picked out blue shorts and a plain black t shirt, I put on a gold chain for accent and white sneakers. I put on makeup with subtle pink lip gloss. Soon enough she would be here in 30 minutes so I got last minute stuff together, I grabbed my phone off charge and finished drying my hair, I kept it relatively straight but it normally had a slight wave that I kept, I paced around my room until the clock hit 6 and I heard the doorbell ring.

"Miss Hinesfield you look lovely, we're we expecting you?" I heard the maid say as she opened the door.

"I'm here to pick up Lianna," I walked down the straits at the back and emerged from behind the door.

"Punctual as always Emery," I smiled at her taking her in, she was wearing black shorts and a dark red tall neck, she was wearing black high top converse matched with a black belt.

"As always, you look beautiful," I could feel my cheeks burning as I smiled.

"Thank you, you look beautiful as well," she smiled and bowed her head.

"Ready?"

"Yeah," I replied stepping out the door.

"Here," she said opening my door to her car.

"Chivalry's not dead," I said as she held it open, and soon as I got in she closed the door and jogged round to get in her side.

"So where are we going?" I ask as she starts the car up.

"It's a secret," she says glancing over at me then back at the road. We turn down a quiet street with colorful doors, I didn't recognise it but it was beautiful. She pulls over outside a small restaurant that was bright blue with yellow and pink flower baskets at the door.

"We're here," she said turning the engine off. She got out the car and walked round to my side to open the door.

"Thank you," I said taking her hand standing up.

"My pleasure," she replied with a mischievous smile on her face. She lead me to the door and held it open for me.

As soon as we got in there was a wave of sweet smells and spices floating about. Inside was a darker blue and gold, it was completely different from the exterior. Around the room was portraits of places around the world, there was Greece and Spain, Portugal and Italy. We walked over to the hostess stand and the girl lead us to our table.

"So," I said after we were alone. "I'm curious what made you talk to me the other day?"

"I guess I finally had an excuse to," she smiled and looked at me.

"You didn't have an excuse before?" I ask curios.

"Not really, the only connection I had was our father's businesses but you don't strike me as a person who enjoys business deals. But after 'the announcement' I guess I felt like we had more to talk about." She looked down at her menu and smiled.

"Yeah I kinda felt that as well, I don't really talk to many people so it was always hard to approach you and your friends." I look at the menu and pick out something that sounds really good.

"Yeah I don't really branch out much either, same old friends." She chuckles a bit before outing her menu down on top of mine.

"This place is really nice by the way, how did you find it?" I ask looking around the room.

"I come here a lot, whenever I need to be alone, I kinda talk with the employees there my friends I guess."

"So this is like your secret place?" I ask

"Kinda," I smile knowing she showed me this place in purpose.

(Time skip)

It was 9 'o'clock and we finished dinner and now were at the beach. We weren't doing much mainly just talking about ourselves, we didn't really know each other that much so it was nice to find out more about her.

"So your brother ate the goldfish," I said laughing.

"Yeah right out of the tank just picket it up and put it in his mouth," she was laughing as well at her story about her brother eating his pet goldfish.

"That's so weird what age was he?"

"Well it was last year so, fifteen,"

"Fifteen, wow that's-,"

"Yeah I know," she replied knowing what I was about to say. I never realised but Emery's really easy to talk to, she listens.

Time flew by quickly it was near midnight when we arrived back at my door.

"This was fun," I said turning to face her before I left.

"Yeah, it was. We should do it again sometime?" She smiles and looks me in the eyes.

"Yeah," I look away avoiding her eyes. "I'm not ready to kiss you yet, it's just really new and-,"

"I get it." She says smiling softly, "you don't have to do anything you don't want to."

She reaches over and touches my arm,

"I'll text you," I say my body heating up.

"Yeah, bye" she lets go of my arm but doesn't take her eyes of me.

"Bye," I open the car door and get out, I could hear her drive off about half way to my door, I knew I wasn't ready but that doesn't mean I didn't want to kiss her.