[eleven]

The next morning we step of the plane, her clutching tightly against my arm. I wrap my arms around her into a hug when she takes a deep breath.

"You okay?" I whisper as she buries her head into my neck.

"Yeah, it's just so hot here." She kisses my cheek and I can feel her smile against my skin.

"Welcome home," I kiss her on the forehead and take a step back.

"It's good to be back," she smiles and I take her hand. We walk to the car waiting for us and Morris takes our bags.

"Where do you want to go?" I ask her as soon as the doors shut.

"I think I should visit my father first, say goodbye." She answers quietly looking out of the window.

I tell the driver where to go and sit back in my seat. When I look over Lianna is still gazing out of the window watching the buildings go by. I take her hand in mine and look out my window before I can see her answer.

The car makes a stop half an hour later, when we get out we are at a family cemetery, her family cemetery.

"Are you sure you're ready?" I whisper in her ear.

"Well, I have to at some point." She says taking a deep breath.

"Okay," I put my arm around her and lead her to where her dad is buried. "I'll give you some time alone." I say walking away.

I turn the corner and wait for her to finish talking to her dad.

Lianna POV

After she goes I kneel next to my fathers grave.

"Hey dad," I start. "I don't really know what to say, I'm really sorry for leaving and not saying goodbye. You probably hate me right now but I just wanted to come and talk to you. Emery is amazing, I know what you did at that event thing was just to help me. You wanted what was best and I know that now. I think I might be in love with her, I always have been. I just needed time to really figure that out." I sigh. "A lot has happened since I left, I made a life for myself in London. One that I'm happy with, when Emery came into the bookshop I am working in. It seemed to remind me why I loved her but also why I left. I didn't want to be forced into marriage no matter how much I loved her, but if it's alright with you. I think I want to marry her. Not now, but maybe soon. When we spent the day together it made me realize how much I really loved her." I sit for a few moments soaking in what I had just confessed to my dead fathers gravestone. I can feel the tears in my eyes as I look at the stone. "I'm sorry, I should go. I'll come visit you before I go." I promise standing up. I wipe away the tears from my eyes and walk over to emery who I know is round the other side trying her best not to listen.

"Hey, are you okay?" She asks as soon as I come into view.

"Yeah, I'll be okay." I take a shaky breath and smile. "It's nice to talk with him even if he can't hear me, I owe it to him to tell him everything in my life." She nods and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Can I talk with him?" She asks surprisingly.

"You don't need to ask but sure."

She smiles and walks down to his grave.

Emery POV

"Mr Carter. I found your daughter, and I'm glad I did. She feels bad for not seeing you all this time, and that she didn't get to say goodbye. I know you aren't here to see us, but. I was wondering if it would be okay if I asked her to marry me? I know you can't reply but if you object throw a piano in me." I look up at the sky, it was clear. "You were a lucky man to have a daughter like her, I'm sorry you didn't get to spend more time with her. I promise I'll treat her how she deserve that be treated." I walk back up to Lianna who looks at me sadly.

"I love you," she whispers staring into my eyes.

"I love you too," I smile and kiss her head.

"So when's the wedding?"

I laugh and kiss her temple.

"I haven't proposed yet."

Like 3 months later

I'm down on one knee as she stands before me.

I know her well and picked a quiet place that only we would be in. Candles are lit all around us and pumpkins are arranged around us. Due to her having an obsession with fall and  Halloween. She is in a burgundy dress standing in near tears looking at me.

"So Lianna Elaine Carter, will you marry me?"

"Rephrase that."

"Sorry. Lianna Elaine Carter, marry me."

"Of course I will," she jumps forward and wraps her arms around my neck kissing me.

5-6 months down the line

"Can I have your attention please!" I stand in front of the small circle of close friends we invited to our wedding, well our first wedding. My mother said we have to have a big wedding party with all of my co workers and partners but this is for us. "I want to thank you all for coming to our wedding, this day is one of the happiest days and the start of the best years of my life. As you all know I lost the love of my life for a few years, but when I met her again in London I knew the wait was worth it. This woman is the truly most kind most amazing woman i have ever met and I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her. I want to thank Elaine and Robert Carter May he rest in peace, for making this incredible woman. I am truly in awe of her and everyday she never ceases to amaze me with her smile and her words. Thank you all and I hope you enjoy the rest of your night."

(This is the end of the book, it only took me a couple months to write 1000 words, haha. Well I finished it at least.)