𝙵𝚒𝚟𝚎

"Hey momma how you doing?" I sat down in the chair beside the hospital bed

"I'm good, I'll be home by this weekend." She said.

"That's good." I smiled.

"Does this mean you're getting better?" I asked.

"Not necessarily, I just want to be home before I start chemotherapy." She answered.

"You gone be okay." I smiled.

"I want us all together for dinner this weekend." She said.

"Us? Who is us including?" I asked.

"Me, your father, you, your sisters and your brother. And I don't want to hear it, y'all need to meet." She said.

"Momma, I don't want to meet her, just from what I heard about her she gives me bad vibes and I don't like that." I said.

"You must've been talking to your grandma?" She asked.

"Yea earlier today." I answered.

"Speaking of that she told me you back talking to Langston." She smiled.

"Dang she quick." I mumbled.

"You should bring him with you to dinner, Ciara bringing her husband." She suggested.

"I don't know we kind of got into it not too long ago." I looked off to the side.

"About what?" She asked.

"He wants a relationship and I don't know what I want but it's a lot going on right now and he think I'm wasting his time or whatever." I looked down.

"Marie, stop playing with that boy feelings. He was already chasing you before...you want him to chase you again?" She asked.

"Oh so now i'm playing with his feelings? Nobody said he was playing with my feelings when he slickly was dealing with another girl but telling me some different. I have a right to feel the way I feel." I said.

"Now it's like I feel like I'm wrong for expressing my feelings cause that lead us into an argument. I don't want to argue with him, I just want him to know why I feel the way I feel about our situation." I explained.

"You're not wrong for expressing yourself but just give him a chance. Stop having this wall built up all the time." She said and I just shook my head cause she wasn't get my point at all.

"Where Ariah at?" I asked.

"I let her stay at her friend's house." She answered.

"So you been up here by yourself?" I looked at her.

"No, your father had just left to get some food before you came." She answered.

"Oh, I should probably go before he gets here." I got my stuff together.