Four

Three weeks later.

Clay rolled over in bed, reaching for Gemma and woke instantly patting the bed.

He sat up, looking around before getting up to search for her. He found her feeding the bird and smoking a cigarette at the table.

"Hey, you come to bed last night?"

"No, I was up and down all night, didn't want to wake you."

"I'd rather you be tossing and turning beside me than on the couch. What's going on with us? Can we talk about it?"

Gemma stood grabbing her stuff and going to walk out the door.

"I can't, I have tons of work to do at the garage."

*

She was working on the accounts in the garage before getting a call, it was Luann at the porn studio, panicking so she packed up and went to her aid.

As she pulled off the lot, she looked behind her and saw Clay and Tig following her. She knew it was going to be an argument and she knew Tig followed along to make sure nothing came out of it as always.

"Hey! What the hell are you doing?"
Clay said as Gemma went to walk in.

"I hate it when mommy and daddy fight." Tig said as he sat on the bench next to Tara, who was there waiting on Jax, Gemma's son.

"Luann called and was panicking."

"That's Sons shit, you're not a part of the goddamn club so stop interfering with club shit!"

He looked around and saw a pile of cinderblocks and picked one up, throwing it through the window of her van.

"I was coming as a friend you asshole!" She ran to him, smacking him.

"You can drop everything for that bitch but you won't talk to me?!" He started punching the van.

"Oh that just what your arthritic hands need, a good beating!"

"I'll show you a fucking beating."

"Fucking hit me! I'll slip your goddamn throat you prick!"

Clay came walking to her and grabbed her shoulder. The whole attack came back fresh to her. Tig ripped Clay away and Gemma fell to the ground sobbing, remorse instant in Clay's eyes.