Five

The following evening,

Gemma sat at the desk in her small office at the garage and blankly stared at the computer, which had been replaced. She saw Clay coming from the lot.

"Hey, the boys are having a party for Bobby's homecoming, but I didn't want to go, I wanted to take you to dinner, are you up for it?"

"I would, but I can't. I'm drowning in work here and I promised I'd watch Abel and give Tara a break. You can go."

Abel was her grandson who'd just come home from being in the nicu.

"Oh okay. I guess I'll go then." He said dejectedly.

*

Gemma laid on the couch that night and sighed when she heard him walk in and go straight to the shower. She knew what that meant, he'd cheated. He only showered after parties if he'd cheated. Gemma covered her mouth as a sobbed escaped her lips.

What was she going to do?

*

The next morning was pure silence for them as they made their coffees and drank them. She sat at the opposite end of the table from him and didn't look at him.

After finishing his coffee, he put his cut on and left, leaving Gemma in the silence.

Gemma laid her head on the table and took deep breaths trying not to get upset. She cursed at her attackers for making her this way toward him.

——————-
Anything anyone wants to see? I'm up for suggestions haha