♚ Prologue ♚

Blake Anne Hopper had many infortunes in her lifetime, but she would not call having a soulmate one of them.

The woman had been born on April 4th, 1708 into a rich family, being the first to the beloved Jim Hopper and Diane Swann-Hopper. She grew to be strong-willed and headstrong, but most of all proper, given her status.

Something Blake truly despised.

She had taken everything for granted until the first tragedy she could recall came upon the family, her younger sister, Sara, quickly passing away from what they believed to be  lung cancer at the mere age of seven. Soon after, Diane ran away from all her responsibilities as both a mother and wife, leaving Blake and her father all alone.

Within five months of this, Blake had been, what she would call, orphaned. Her mother, gone with another man, who had been her tutor from the age of three and Diane's apparent choice of a supplement soulmate.

Her father was now the wealthy drunk that washed away his sorrows with a bottle of rum in each hand, never caring for her since she looked so much like her mother. Blake soon found who she could trust to care for her... her soulmate, whom she still did not know the name of.

You see, everyone had soulmate and everyone had a different way of knowing they were their one and only, Blake Hopper and her soulmate having the ability to see what was on the skin of the other.

As soon as Blake could write at the mere age of three, she was constantly talking to her soulmate by writing on her skin. Learning, and gathering all the information she could about the boy such as his favorite color, his family life, age, but he never gave her what she truly wanted.

His name.

But this didn't stop the girl being utterly and irrevocably head over heels with him at the age of twelve when he said he would fight until his last breath to get to her despite his low status and recent loss of his own mother.

And the moment Blake heard that she was beings sent away to her cousin Elizabeth and her father, Weatherby Swann, by her own? Her soulmate was the first person she told, hoping to be able to meet him someway as he was on his own journey to meet his father in the nearby ocean.

Blake had been very much so excited to spend her time with her cousin, the girls becoming inseparable from the moment they had been reunited. They had only met once when they were young due to their distance from London to Victoria, Australia, but they truly became more like sisters than cousins.

Elizabeth could never fill the hole in Blake's heart that her sister had, but she helped mend it as much as possible. The girls had many interests together, one being that of the lore of seven high seas, myths and legends in every book they read.

The absolute was their noticeable interest in pirates, something that frightened Weatherby, especially because they were always traveling. He had been in shock when he caught them pretending to have sword fights, twisting and moving fluidly around one another as if they had been expert swordsmen their entire life.

And when the girls had been on the HMS Dauntless' voyage from England to the British colony of Port Royal, Jamaica?

They had experienced the authentic horror of what pirates could truly do.

The infamous Black Pearl had attacked a merchant's vessel, which Blake only discovered it had been the ship her soulmate had been on when she saw the dripping ink from his arm that said four simple words.

Good morning, mon tresor.

Blake's twelve year old heart had stopped at the sight, taking in the boy's name that he had uttered before he was overcome with exhaustion from being attacked.

Will Turner.

From the moment Will woke, the two were inseparable, their movement mirroring each other in every way possible. The beach was their favorite spot beside the blacksmith that Weatherby had helped Will obtain a living at, Blake being mesmerized by the ocean and its ferocious waves.

And while she was utterly entranced by the clear water of the Caribbean, Will only had eyes for her. His favorite thing about her at the time was her laugh, the way it would end in a breathless shake of her head and seemingly let a lighter atmosphere incase them in a, what one would call, perfect moment.

When he was fourteen, however, it was her smile; the way he was the only way to see past the small smirk that she gave everyone else. From then on out, no matter how much time he spent with her, he was always able to find something new that he hadn't seen before.

He was always learning about the woman he imagined his soulmate to be like, despite not knowing that it was her in truth.

So, by the time he was twenty years old, the could honestly conclude that his favorite thing about the woman were her hands. The way her hand would grip against a sword that was clashed against his, or the way her fingertips would lightly brush his as they walked down the streets of Port Royal.

It was as if there were electric currents that flowed through her soft, cold to the touch skin and it made him feel alive. Despite this, somehow, it had never occurred to him that Blake could be his soulmate he had been writing to for years on end.

But nothing about the man made Blake forget that he was her soulmate. From his kind heart, to the soft way he spoke to her even if they were training.

He was her soulmate, best friend, and soon? He would be her captain.

♚