Afraid of Judgement (Luke x Zander)

Requested by my buddy Honeyaxe87. ^_^

Luke was feeling very confident today as he walked in the school doors. He was going to confess to Zander. A little ways down the hall Luke spotted a certain purple haired boy digging through his locker. He made his way down the hall towards Zander. The purple haired boy finally looked up from his locker, " Oh hey Luke, how are you this morning?" Zander said in a more cheerful tone than Luke was used to.

"I-I'm doing great, how about you?" Luke replied.

"Fine, so what are you doing here?" Zander asked.

"Right about that, Zander I-I have something to tell you." Luke stuttered, as his heart fluttered around, and told him "do it, do it, confess."

"Ok then, shoot." Zander said his attention squarely on Luke.

"The truth is.............. I like you!! I have for a long time now, but I've never had the guts to tell you." Luke said. Zander thought for a second, "what would everyone else think? I don't want to break his heart, but I don't want him to be bullied for being gay either." Zander hated to have to do this to the boy he's had a crush on, but he had to, for Luke's sake, he didn't want Luke to have to suffer through being bullied.

"O-oh, I see. Listen Luke it's sweet that you like me, but we can't be together." Zander said his heart aching inside. Luke stood there in silence trying to process what just happened. "Did he just reject me? I thought Hailey said Zander undoubtedly was in love with me." Luke thought as his heart broke.

"I-I have to go." Luke said, trying to hold his tears in as he ran down the hall to the music room, where he knew Hailey was every morning. He arrived at the music room, pushed the door open, walked in, and saw the whole band, excluding Zander, and Jake. Milly, Sean, and Hailey stared at Luke, as his tears hit the floor.

"Luke what happened?" Hailey asked, going over to comfort him.

"Z-zander............... H-he-" Luke uttered in staggered breaths.

"What happened with Zander?" Sean questioned, looking up from his laptop.

"Zander rejected me." Luke said, in a dreary tone, finally regaining his breath.

"WHAT!?" Milly, Sean, and Hailey exclaimed. They exchanged surprised glances with each other.

"I don't want to repeat it again. It hurts me when I think about it." Luke said, hanging his head.

"There's no way he would, he's been pushing you away because he's in love with you, and he doesn't want to ruin your friendship." Milly said.

"I'm going to have to have a serious talk with him later." Hailey said, feeling anger rise within her. " Why would Zander reject Luke?" she thought. Soon enough the bell rang signifying it was time for the first period to start. They all parted ways outside the music room, and headed to their classes. Unfortunately for Luke, Zander was in his first period math class, but so was Hailey, so Luke would sit next to Hailey this time instead of Zander.

"Alright class, settle down, and pull out your homework." The teacher said. Luke glumly pulled out his homework, and stared at the desk. Zander was staring at Luke's back the whole time, feeling terrible.

"Zander, is there a reason you're not paying attention, and taking notes?" The teacher asked from her desk.

"U-uh sorry, I didn't get much sleep last night." Zander lied. Finally the first period ended, his next few classes flew by, and much to his dismay it was time for the thing he was dreading the most, lunchtime band rehearsal.

"Zander, just so you know we're not practicing today, but I will need you to meet me in the band room, and Luke won't be there." He heard his step sister say. Just before lunch, Hailey filled Jake in about the whole situation from the morning, and he was willing to be there during lunch, with the other members, even if it meant getting beat up by Zander. Zander had arrived in the music room, he looked around and saw his bandmates looking particularly ticked off.

"So care to explain why Luke came running into the music room this morning crying?" Hailey asked, as she stepped forward, looking angry.

A/N: This is finished, I decided to permanently end this one-shot on a cliffhanger, just to internally kill you guys. You're welcome (¬‿¬).