Midnight talks

"And you think that because...?" Jyesth Karn asked after hearing my hour-long rant about everything that happened with Nakul. It was the early hours of the morning a couple of hours before the sun rose and I was sitting here, and have been sitting here in my room for hours trying to figure out what Nakul was hiding and why.

"What part of my hour-long explanation did you not get??" I ask, narrowing my tired eyes in displeasure. 

"The whole thing! You're saying you're scared Nakul and Sahdev are hiding something but after every time you say that you follow with how they would never and that they trust you... so why are you scared? You've said the same thing about 18 times now... you know they trust you, if something was wrong or an issue they would tell you..." He says leaning back on his chair giving me a 'Why are you like this?' expression.

"I-... I mean yeah. I know that but-" I say looking away

"But you're panicking for no reason... being up this early in the morning dragging me up this early in the morning after not only have you returned from a literal war but hours before you leave for another journey! Geez, Arjun worry about your health a little!"

He's annoyed I can tell... I mean I don't blame him I quite literally dragged him out of bed after having asked him to stay over at the palace tonight.

"I'm fine I'm not slee-"

"Sleep is a human necessity Arjun! People sleep when it's night... look outside do you see the sun? You can only be up if the sun is up, or if you can make your own sun," He said his head falling back glaring at the ceiling.

"Are you always this cranky in the morning?" I asked rolling my eyes, crossing my legs on the bed.

"Yes, I am this cranky in the middle of the night. Especially when I'm practically dragged out of bed at 2 am and listen to you blabber about this crazy theory about them hiding this huge secret... that they're honestly probably not..." He says with yet another sigh.

"I trust them..." I say slumping my shoulders.

"I know, but you're still worried,"

"Yes? I don't know..." I say looking down.

"Arjun sleep," He says getting up from his seat. He comes over to the bed looking down at me arms crossed.

I look up at him glaring slightly... honestly I feel like a child, why do I feel like a child? I don't know but I do and I don't like it! "I'm not sleepy I-"

"You came back from a war, a 5-hour journey, don't sleep during the day, don't sleep at night and you want to go on another journey tomorrow at sunrise which is in about 3 hours...?"

"Precisely," I say giving him a cheeky grin.

He scoffs "Sleep!"

"I'm sorry..."

"For?"

"I woke you up it was uncalled for quite stu-"

"No it wasn't." He says sitting down on the bed beside me ruffling my hair slightly "You're not a kid Arjun I know that but that doesn't mean you're not human. Stress and panic especially after something like war is normal. More so, it's expected! And for god's sake, I'm your friend you don't need to apologize at least not for something so small."

"Thank you..."

He raises his eyebrow at me and I roll my eyes. "Ok ok... nothing! Happy now?"

"I'll be happy when you sleep!" He says pointing at the head of the bed.

I sigh and lay down pulling the covers over. The exhaustion finally hits me as my eyes start to fall shut within seconds of my head hitting the pillow.