Hinata x Reader

Just Like a Baton

{Reader is the baton club captain, and a first year}

You threw the pink baton in the air. You watch it spin round and round, 360 degrees, and caught it with ease.

"One more time!" You look over to the side, and watch the Karasuno Boy's Volleyball team practice and sighed. Your baton club and the volleyball team were sharing the gym. Usually, your club practiced on the stage since you couldn't find anywhere else to practice, but the drama club was getting ready for their upcoming play, so you guys had to move.

But, you had the same class as Yachi Hitoka, your best friend, and she heard about what had happened, so she asked the volleyball team if they would be kind enough to share the gym with the baton club. Nishinoya and Tanaka immediately said yes when they remembered that you were in it.

The others were a bit unsure, but decided that it wouldn't hurt to share the gym.

And now you were here, practicing in the same gym as the volleyball team. There were many balls coming towards your club as they spiked non stop, which made you feel a bit scared.

But, you used to be an amazing rhythmic gymnast, and competed in many meets. Everyone could tell you were the best at it, and it made your more more dedicated to go to the Olympics, which was your goal, but you injured your back, and you decided it was best to stop.

While collecting your memories as a rhythmic gymnast, a volleyball was coming straight towards. you.

"F/n!" You hear someone say. Looking to your right, you see a volleyball coming towards you with great speed.

It spun round and round, 360 degrees, just like,

A baton.

You caught the ball easily with only your right hand. The windage that came afterwards sent shivers down your spine.

"A-ah! (L/n)-san! I'm sorry." Looking back to the net, an orange haired boy bowed and apologized. You could only smile and giggle him.

"Don't worry, I used to do rhythmic gymnastics so I can catch balls easily." he looked up and smiled.

"Thank you!"

After that, you hung out with Hinata quite a lot.

Extended Ending:

Everyone looked at you shocked at how easily you caught the ball.

"F-f-f-f/n! A-are y-you okay?!" Yachi ran up to you worriedly, tripping in between her steps.

"I'm fine, I'm fine." Your reassuring laugh made her calm down.

Volleyball Team:

"I bet she's good at receives."

"Yeah! She'll be amazing if she knew how to play volleyball!" The team talked about you, probably having amazing receives just like the small libero.

"Guys!" Daichi yells. The team turns around and looks at him, "Get back to practice!" They shuffle their feet and went back to their position, but even coach Ukai was in their conversation.

*****

A/n: erp it sucks I know, I'm sorry ><'
I'll try to do better for the next HinataxReader fanfic I do