[ 33 ] shitty movies and baking

You, Akaashi, and Osamu made your way to the nearby vending machine. Akaashi had bought two water bottles for him and Osamu, since you refused him buying you one.

"So," Osamu clears his throat after thanking Akaashi. "I'll be close. I'll give you two some space." Osamu eyes you, before taking his leave.

An awkward silence seeped through yours and Akaashi's ears. The noise of the arcade long gone as you two stood outside alone together. The breeze was colder than it was before and you wondered if it was because you were anticipating the worst. You were fidgeting your fingers and Akaashi took notice of this. He wondered if taking both your hands in his would be too much for you. He pushed aside the thought.

"I'm sorry." He mumbled. In all honesty, he didn't know what to say. Other than the fact he kept your diary, he knew he had caused you much hurt.

"Tell me the truth, Akaashi." She let out a shaky breath, finally gaining the strength to look up at him. His breath hitched, getting lost in your e/c orbs he once fell in love with. "Did you ever even... love me?" The pain was so evident in your voice that it broke Akaashi's heart. "Was this all a lie, Akaashi? Tell me the truth."

You didn't know what answer you were waiting for. If he said yes, then that would hurt like a bitch. If he said no, your trust issues will probably get the best of you and think he was lying.

Akaashi took a deep breath. Your eyes were now getting glossy and he knew that if you broke down crying, he'd take you away and keep you forever. He never wanted to hurt you in the first place and yet he was stupid enough to. "It's not, Y/n." His slightly larger hands took hold of your shivering ones. "It's not a lie. I love you more than you think. Hell, I'd even die for you."

"Then tell me why?! Why did you have my diary?! Why does it feel like your love is a phony?!" You forcefully took your hands out of his grasp, now hitting his chest repeatedly. "How about Ichigo? That day you were late to practice, were you making out with her?" You looked up to him, tears now streaming down your eyes. You hit him once more. "Were you cheating on me?!"

You didn't know what to feel anymore. Your chest tightened and suddenly you didn't have as much strength to hit him as a while ago. Akaashi pulled you into a hug, pinning your hands to his chest and tightening his grip on you. He stroked your hair while you cried into his chest. Kissing you forehead, he spoke sweet nothings to your ear. "Just let your anger out on me." He whispered, your sobs were now getting louder.

"Please, Y/n. Trust me. You know what kind of a person Ichigo is. She forced herself on me. Even when you saw us in the clubroom, she kissed me." He explained to you, hoping you'd understand and you two would be okay again.

You pushed him away, looking at him with your eyebrows furrowing in worry. You sniffled. "Did you kiss back?"

"Y/n what kind of-"

"That's such a simple question, Akaashi. Did you kiss back?" You emphasized the last sentence. If Akaashi wanted you to trust him, he should be a hundred percent honest with you. No matter what.

You noticed Akaashi pursed his lips, and the answer was clear now. He did. He kissed back. You felt as if your soul had left your body. Your palms were extremely sweaty and your knees were failing to keep your upright. Akaashi took a deep breath before shutting his eyes closed. "I did."

You turned your back on him, walking away. You had enough of this. You didn't want to see his face. And yet there he was, right behind you. "It was a spur of the moment, Y/n, believe me!" He exclaimed, grabbing your wrist to make you stop.

You forcefully pulled your hand away. "Spur of the moment or not, you kissed back. And that's all I needed to know. Now leave me alone, Akaashi." You turned around once more, pursing your lips in order to not let your tears spill down your cheeks.

"You're the girl I love, Y/n! The one I've been in love with since freshman year!" He went on but you didn't want to listen. You knew your heart would only waver for him. I love you too, Keiji. But now is just not the time. "And I'm the guy who embarrassed himself in front of everyone in the cafeteria just so you could notice me." (ch. 1 referrence :) it isn't specified in the first chapter) His voice was now wavering.

His footsteps slowed down but yours didn't. A large distance was now in between you when he muttered the words he's been wanting to tell you. "And you're the girl I hope to spend my life with..." It was too late. You were already gone and him? He was on his knees, in the secluded area you once were with him. He brought his palms to his face, hiding the tears that were streaming down his cheeks.

Footsteps could be heard in a distance and within seconds, Akaashi felt a small hand on his shoulder. He looked up to see his niece looking worried. She engulfed him in a hug and started patting his head. "Don't cry, Uncle! That nice girl said I'd find you here. And she told me to tell you that she was sorry." She hugged Akaashi's head, seeing as her figure was too small to fully hug him.

He only chuckled, carrying her as he stood up. She was now hugging his neck. "I'm fine. Let's head home."

-

"Are you sure you're alright, Y/n?" Osamu asked, stroking your hair while your head rested on his lap. You were lying on the couch with him. Atsumu and Rintarou squatted in front of you.

You shut your eyes, nodding your head. You didn't speak with anyone since your conversation with Akaashi - not even Osamu knew what happened. You heard Osamu sigh.

"You're an idiot, Samu! You were suppose to stay with her!" Atsumu grumbled, crossing his arms. Rintarou smacked the back of his head. "How will the two talk if they didn't have any privacy? Get your head out of your ass." he insulted Atsumu.

"Well, what do you wanna do, Y/n? Movie night? Pillow fight? Cuddles? Wanna make cupcakes?" Osamu lowered his head to face you. You looked up at him and gave him a weary smile. "That all sounds good."

"Right then! Suna and I will get the blankets and futons and Y/n, you pick what movie you wanna watch! Even if it's romantic shit, we'll watch it with you." Atsumu grinned, making you laugh.

"You sure as hell know I'll be picking a horror movie." You grinned at Atsumu who was now worried.

"It's not like I'm scared!" He stuck his tongue out, running to his and Samu's room to get some blankets and futons. Suna trailed behind him.

"You know we love you, right, Y/n?" Samu asked when you sat up from your lying position. You look to him with a smile and nodded. "And you know we could just beat that setter up if you told us to, right?"

You laughed, throwing your arms around Samu's neck and hugging him. "No violence. Let's just watch a shitty horror movie and bake cupcakes like little girls."

And that was exactly what you did that night.

Author's Note:

I have decided for this to become a slow-burn fic so all i can say is... suffer, bitches.

HAHAHAHAHAHA NO I LOVE U ALL BUT THIS WILL BE A SLOW-BURN FIC.

edit (3 yrs later 💀) sorry for the confusion, i did say akaashi was an only child, so basically his neice is his cousin's daughter, just to clear things up.