Chapter 17: Hopeful Plans

Katie's POV:
It's been a few days since that day. My finals are over and I'm pretty sure I did well on them. After he ended it I blocked everything out. I wouldn't leave my room even for food and that's uncommon. Instead I just acted practically like a robot. Doing the things I needed to do such as show up at school before returning to my room and laying in my bed. I have only had one meal every day which is lunch because I haven't been very hungry. I'm pretty sure I've lost multiple pounds. I don't feel pain anymore though, I just feel numb. I'm just going through the motions. I have been unable to find something to do with myself so my room has been organized, arranged and rearranged practically everyday.

I've just finished rearranging my room for today and it's still early. Only being around 4 o'clock. I've been able to rearrange faster from practice. My phone lights up and I expect it to be Sam. She has been trying to get me out of the house to do something since he broke up with me. I have to keep referring to him as 'he' because it stills hurts to say or hear his name. His name and seeing his face is the only thing that has broken through my numbness to cause me pain. When I look at my phone my whole body freezes however at the name that I didn't expect to see nor did I want to see: Harry. I didn't want to see what he had texted because I knew that it would cause me more pain but my curiosity as always got the best of me. Clicking the message I hesitate taking a deep shaky breath before returning my gaze to the lit up screen to read what he has said.

H: I'm sorry.

I don't know what I expected from him but I guess that's not what it was. I think I was kind of hoping he would ask for me back. I was mistaken, he really didn't want me. I decide not to answer. He doesn't really care if I answer anyways. My phone buzzes and the screen lights up once more however and I sigh seeing another message from him.

H: please talk to me.

He must be joking. To think I would talk to him after this is completely absurd. My phone begins to buzz more as several more messages come in.

H: please baby I'm begging you.

Why did he call me baby?

H: let me explain please!

Should I? I think he made it clear no thanks.

Liam: as much as you don't want to you have to let him explain. You will understand why he did it I promise. Trust me on this okay? Love ya xx

Liam is right. As much as I don't want to I guess I should cause he's telling me to right? I trust Liam with my life. He's like my second big brother. I guess I'll give him a chance. He's lucky Liam texted me cause otherwise I wouldn't even be considering this.

Sighing I call Harry and put my phone up to my ear. Only seconds go by before he answers the phone. I hear some shuffling on the other end of the phone before his voice sounds. "Katie?" His voice cracking as he says my name making it sound weak and fragile. "Harry." I retort and he just sighs. "Please let me explain" he begs his voice soft and vulnerable. "That's why I called. If Liam hadn't texted me you wouldn't be hearing from me" I say. He just sighs "dating you was-was breaking my contract" he stutters and realization hits me. "You put your career at risk by dating me?" I ask and he replied with a simple "yes". "Then why did you ask me to be your girlfriend if you knew this would happen?" I asked feeling a little frustrating but trying my best not to show it. I have to let him explain without us getting into an argument. "I got so caught up in being with you that I forgot about the contract. When I'm with you I forget about everything" he admits and my heart swells at the confession. "Really?" I ask in near disbelief. "Really." He states firmly. "So what are we going to do?" I ask. What are we going to do though? I mean we both still really like each other. It's quite obvious but we can't be together because of his stupid contract. "I've never done this before.." He starts and pauses for several moments before sighing and starting again "but for you I'm willing to do it" he finishes. "Do what?" I ask feeling a bit giddy and already know I'm going to go along with it even though I don't know what it is yet. "I think we should continue to see each other but keep it a secret so no one knows I'm violating my contract" he says. "I would like that but what if someone finds out?" I worry. "No one will" he answers but my worrying does not subside. "How do you know?" I continue. "I just do" he retorts. "Okay" I sigh and lay down on my bed. "You don't know how much I missed you" he mumbles and a bright smile takes over my features. "I missed you too" I reply and he yawns. "What time is it there?" I ask and I hear shuffling on the other end. "Midnight" he answers and I roll my eyes. "Why are you up? Go to bed". "I wanted to talk to you. I've been trying to get you to answer me for the past couple days but you've ignored me" he sighs. "I'm sorry" I frown feeling bad now that I took so long to let him explain. "Don't worry about it. I'm just glad you finally let me explain".
"Yeah" I say and he yawns again. "Go to bed" I laugh. "No" he whines "I haven't talked to you in ages I miss you". I chuckle at his childishness "I'll talk to you tomorrow I promise" I say and I hear him sigh on the opposite end. "Fine. Goodnight baby" he says "it feels so good to say that again" he continues and I chuckle. "Goodnight" I say before handing up to let him go to sleep.

All I can think of now is this plan we have made. I guess it's not really a plan. It's more of a go with the flow type of situation right? I sure hope we can keep it a secret. If someone finds out I don't know what we will do. I don't want Harry's or the rest of the boys' careers to be over because of me. That would ruin me. I would feel terrible. I just hope everything works out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Do you hope everything will work out as much as I do? :)

Comment & VOTE!