## mashikyu - mashihoon

flashbacks are italicized

junkyu sat at his desk in the nearly empty classroom. he closed his workbook and set his pencil aside. he brought his hand up to his face, resting his chin in his palm.

giggles resonated from outside of the classroom, drawing the boy's attention. he quickly averted his gaze to the open window where sunlight flooded the room.

——

junkyu's heard it for the past couple of hours, a sound that he'd never grow tired of.

the two slowly went silent as their laughter died down. junkyu tilted his head to look at the boy beside him.

"mashiho,"

the said boy hummed in response before looking back at him, the stars sparkling in his eyes.

"be my boyfriend," junkyu said.

"w-what?" mashiho stuttered.

"be my boyfriend," he repeated.

——

junkyu shook his head and shut his eyes as he turned to sit face forward. he rubbed his eyes until his spotty vision turned back to normal.

a couple of girls ran into the room, calling for someone else inside.

"hana-ya! happy birthday!"

junkyu dropped his head and stared at his desk.

——

"happy birthday!"

"you've said that a thousand times already!" mashiho whined. "how many times do you have to say it?"

"wow, not even a thank you,"

"whatever," mashiho frowned.

junkyu walked towards mashiho and pulled him in for a hug. "who are you to frown? it's your birthday!"

mashiho grinned in the older's embrace, careful not to let it show. junkyu reached over towards the cake they had just baked and swiped a finger against the icing before brushing it against mashiho's nose.

mashiho parted from the hug and lifted his head to look at junkyu as his frown returned. junkyu let out a laugh when he saw the icing on the younger's tiny nose. mashiho used his own finger to touch the icing but left it on junkyu's cheek instead, dragging it to make a heart.

"ya!" junkyu exclaimed.

mashiho was now the one to laugh while junkyu pouted. the shorter tugged on the hem of the older's shirt and pulled him closer, tiptoeing to reach his lips with his own.

the two separated, having the widest smiles on their faces. "i love you," junkyu said.

"i love you too,"

——

junkyu sighed and reached his hand towards his pencil. he found himself opening his workbook again. "as of i'll get anything done," he thought.

he used his thumb to click a little bit of lead out of the pencil. he stopped to look at the object in his hand before his expression went blank.

——

"stop moving!"

"make me," junkyu teased.

"shut up, look at how ugly you look." mashiho turned his paper towards the older.